Software Engineer (REF7416L) - Digital and Mobile Product Development (DMPD)
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
- Engage in technical design of solution that is based on use cases and business requirements
- Complete proof of concepts and other technical evaluations of technologies, designs and solutions
- Manage the creation of detail design and use case documents
- Engages dev leads and architects (both enterprise and domain) to ensure that overall Enterprise Architecture
is inclusive of all stakeholder viewpoints and are vetted to ensure that artifacts support, reflects, advances and integrates as intended
- Ensures inclusion of Visa’s business vision, current business environment (internally and externally) and technology and industry trends to enable results that drive Visa’s business
- Bachelor degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.
MS or other related advanced degree preferred
- Typically requires 2+ years of experience in application services development for large scale systems
- Experience with web services standards and related technologies (HTTP, Spring, XML, JSON, REST, WS*, AXIS, JERSEY)
- Experience programming in Java, J2EE
- Solid understanding of database technologies and SQL
- Preferred Experience in payments integration and / or online ecommerce shopping and / or Payment gateways
- Proven problem solving skills and an ability to respond resourcefully to new demands, priorities and challenges
- Excellent verbal, written and listening communication skills with an ability to develop relationships with key partners
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.