Intern (Undergrad) - Software Engineering - Multiple Locations
- Foster City, CA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
The Visa Internship Program is the biggest step you can take to joining our Revolution of Payments Innovation. Throughout the 10-12 weeks at Visa, you will take on meaningful work, get executive exposure, engage in out-of-the-box problem solving, and participate in social and community service activities. From technology to business, we are looking for people who can innovate, collaborate and drive Visa into the next era of an already rapidly-evolving digital market place. If you’re up for the challenge, please consider joining our team.
We are looking for Software Engineering interns across the Technology Organization. Some of the teams you might work on are:
- Visa Developer Platform: building and test API management platform, build prototype applications using mobile and web development technologies, create demo-able products
- Data: develop and manage end-to-end technology solutions to create value from enterprise data, perform unit testing of developed code, create new functionality and mature code base and development processes
- Network Processing: building Visa’s long-term architecture, opening technology platforms to enable industry collaboration and innovation through co-development, managing end-to-end technology solutions
- Issuer Processing: delivering value-added services, developing and managing end-to-end technology salutation that provide managed services to help issuer clients grow their business
- Merchant & Acquirer Processing: developing solutions that address complex and emerging merchant and acquirer needs, develop and manage end-to-end technology salutation that help acquirers grow their merchant portfolios and improve bottom line
- Digital & Mobile Products: promoting the growth of digital commerce and mobilization of payments by digitalizing the physical card, providing multi-channel capabilities, creating Provisioning-as-a-Service, re-energizing our Mobile Money platform, expanding reach with the Visa brand to connected devices
- Information Security: providing enterprise-wide, risk-based security and continuity capability, identify and protect sensitive information, detect and respond to cyber threats, maintain compliance with regulatory requirements and industry standards
- Corporate IT: building, operating, and maintaining the IT systems and infrastructure that are necessary to enable the highly connected and collaborative workforce that helps power Visa’s business.
Job duties and past projects have included:
- Developing a prototype that would automate payments at gas stations
- Automating process for removing duplicate compromised account numbers using low latency algorithms
- Improving the usage of Visa Checkout across all mobile and web devices
- Developing testing tools to identify errors in internal systems
- Creating visual monitoring tools to uncover transaction errors
- Analyze, design, code and unit test software solutions and enhancements for an application that applies business logic and routes digital currency of global transactions
- Develop a robust app factory to be used to create hundreds of mobile banking applications for iOS and Android with a single click.
- Implementation of a single development lifecycle, from Analysis and Design, Build, QA, Security, and Deployment. Begin to learn best and secure coding practices and standards.
San Francisco / Bay Area, CA
Highlands Ranch, CO
So what are we looking for in a Software Engineering intern?
- Students graduating fall 2018 or later (unless enrolled to pursue an additional degree in fall 2018)
- Pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field
- The ability to take on challenges and address problems head-on
- Strong ability to collaborate
- Highly driven, resourceful and results oriented
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.