Technical Program Manager - Sr. Director (REF4103W)
- Palo Alto, CA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, technology is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocate for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy.
Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of
talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Data Platform Technical Program Management team collaborates with every other team at Visa to deliver on our broad mandate of Data Platforms that are secure, robust, and effective. In this role, you will work with all areas of the organization to deliver the strategy while simultaneously managing the day-to-day aspects of your programs. The Sr. Director can expect to hire and manage one or more Program Manager or Scrum Masters as the team grows.
• Collaboratively lead cross functional teams to deliver successful programs.
• Drive a continuous focus on developing software based solutions or using automation to replace repeatable, operational tasks.
• Proactively, assertively and creatively remove obstacles that slow down or prevent programs from delivering against program objectives.
• Work with partner teams to insure ownership and accountability of technical project planning and delivery for infrastructure build out programs.
• Develop trusted relationships with key technology and functional leaders & stakeholders to drive focus on the strategic program objectives and optimize program delivery. This includes supporting and holding people and teams accountable for their responsibilities within the program.
• Coaches and facilitates across teams and with senior leadership throughout the secure software development life cycle employing Agile, Scrum, and Lean methodologies in a hybrid environment.
• Implement Visa PMM required gates and artifacts. In parallel, partner to improve our internal tools and processes with an agile mindset.
• 12+ years of experience, as a Project Manager or Program Manager, working with technical teams developing Enterprise class software applications
• Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering discipline, or significant hands-on software development experience with results
• Thorough understanding of infrastructure processes and lifecycle; ability to adjust and apply this knowledge in a dynamic environment using agile methodologies.
• Experience with some Data Platform technologies (Hadoop, Impala, Hive, etc)
• Understanding of technologies and products required to bring monitoring solutions to market at scale.
• Outstanding organizational, communication, interpersonal, relationship building skills conducive to collaboration; able to work well in a cross-functional, matrix management environment.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with a history of hands-on, detail orientation.
• Ability to establish credibility and rapport with senior executives and technical and non-technical team members alike.
• Ability to successfully collaborate with multiple technical functions in the areas of infrastructure, technical operations, software engineering and customer support.
• Experience framing, establishing and implementing large-scale (enterprise-level) change initiatives.
• A service oriented minded person who "Thinks Customer".
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities
Consult with users, management, vendors, and technicians to assess computing needs and system requirements.
Meet with department heads, managers, supervisors, vendors, and others, to solicit cooperation and resolve problems.
Manage various technology projects spanning cutting edge technologies such as transaction processing, RDBMS, Hadoop and Tokenization.
Manage the development of computer information resources, providing for data security and control, strategic computing and disaster recovery.
Work closely with and help lead the interoperability coordination of multiple functional domains contributing to the overall re-architecture of Visa’s enterprise data warehouse.
Broker technical support to users for computer problems.
Demonstrate and be prepared to exhibit extensive leadership, initiative and ownership of large ($xxM) project or program management.
Exercises independent judgment with minimal direction from supervisor.
Review project plans to coordinate and execute project activities.
Evaluate data processing proposals to assess project feasibility and requirements.
Develop and interpret organizational goals, policies, and procedures.