Director, Global Brand Strategy
- Foster City, CA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
As part of the Global Brand and Product Marketing team, this Director will be responsible for oversight of brand strategy to drive business growth. Key responsibilities include brand positioning development, assessment of brand performance, leadership of key brand and product initiatives and training, consulting with in market teams.
Manage the Visa Brand Globally
• Help ensure brand positioned to drive business growth including leadership of research and competitive benchmarking analysis
• Lead specific projects to support long-term health of the Visa brand including style guides
• Support development, definition and implementation of global brand strategies, with focus on Consumer Marketing and Advertising, including training of market and agency teams
• Brand liaison for other parts of the organization including Employee communications, Government relations etc.
• Be an expert on competitive marketing strategy and communication as it relates to marketing impact
• Track brand performance using internal and external information and define how to affect performance
• Support and where necessary lead relationship with relevant Visa marketing agencies
Drive Visa Global Marketing Strategy & Platform
• Champion consistent expression of overall campaign and visual identity including brand and product initiatives, corporate communications and internal communications
• Assess and refine elements of communications platform needed to drive greater effectiveness and consistency (e.g. co-marketing guidance, communications mix)
Build and Operationalize Consumer Learning Plan
• Become expert on consumer through development of ongoing learning plan
• Help ensure team has oversight on global research projects
• Enhance or revise overarching consumer decision journey to reflect payment brand choices, including role of issuers and merchants
Consult, Train and Facilitate Sharing with Markets
• Partner with in market teams on brand initiatives
• Develop guidelines/training tools required to support brand strategy and communications platform
• Act as a brand evangelist, providing thought-leadership, inspiration and best practices contributing to success of brand strategy and marketing communications
• Regional & Global Marketing Teams
• Visa Agency Partners
• Global Insights, Intelligence and Reporting Teams
• Corporate Communications Team
• Visa Product Teams
Reports to Senior Director, Global Brand and Product Marketing
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.