REF2610B - Senior Staff Oracle Database Engineer
- Austin, TX
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
This role is an individual contributor responsible for applying skills and knowledge to perform specified support functions. As an Oracle DBA you will be involved with supporting Cybersource Oracle systems.
Primary duties will include designing, implementation, problem analysis and resolution, successful deployment,
ongoing support, and continuous operational improvement of database technologies used at Visa. You should be well versed in database administration and engineering practices and principles. You will share the responsibility of overall database support in various Oracle environments used by different business lines, and you will provide technical influence and subject matter expertise for the database team.
This is an immediate need for Oracle DBA between 10-15 yrs of relevant experience. You must have expertise in production support, engineering enterprise on backup/monitoring/alerting/security/encryption/high availability/disaster recovery solutions to support Oracle/Goldengate technology, and designing a database system that meets applications' various requirements. A willingness to work on weekends to support on-call issues is required as well.
- Primary duties will be to support and resolve Oracle Database problems; to plan, execute and manage database server implementations and to ensure all security, quality and compliance requirements are met.
- Oracle skills must include: Install/Upgrade Oracle database software on UNIX platforms, Oracle Enterprise DB RAC administration experience and expertise, RMAN backup and recovery of the Oracle Database, performance tuning, migration, Golden Gate Replication and security administration.
- Knowledge of Oracle Grid Control is required.
- Knowledge of Goldengate replication is required
- In-depth knowledge of Oracle DB Server performance tuning.
- Should have familiarity of the Data Movement utilities.
- Should have very good understanding of the Linux environments. Preferably Redhat Linux
- Knowledge of Unix shell scripting is required.
- 10+ years of experience with the development of complex solutions using Oracle, RAC, Goldengate, Linux
- Shell scripting
- Developing/maintaining Tables, Database links, Synonyms, Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages, Triggers, Cursors, Views, and Indexes
- Understanding of Oracle database architecture and general administrative tasks and database management
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.