Sr. Database Analyst - Production Support
- Bellevue, WA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Authorize.Net Production Support is responsible for supporting more than 400K merchants. This team responds to all reports of application problems in production, and works as quickly as possible to mitigate the impacts provide RCAs and recommendations, and to generate reports and analytics on issue impacts.
As such, we have a regular and pressing need to be running DB queries for the purposes of troubleshooting issues as well as for reporting, metrics, and analytics for highly visible reports that are central points of discussion for the executive management on a weekly basis.
However, we are not looking for basic DBAs, we are looking for someone with significant analytical capabilities as we need the person in this position to be as comfortable troubleshooting as running report queries; there are numerous issues that come to our group where analysis of the data and the queries
running in production is the first step of the troubleshooting process.
The main function of a database analyst/programmer is to coordinate changes to computer databases,
test, and implement the database applying knowledge of database management
systems. A typical database analyst/programmer is responsible for planning,
coordinating and implementing security measures to safeguard the computer
The candidate is expected to work fully autonomously, serve
as technical specialist and able to handle any production issue entirely on his
or her own, as well as report progress accurately and appropriately to
- Support troubleshooting of issues reported by other developers through providing rapid responses to query requests.
- Analyze data corrupted by bugs and other issues, design solutions for repairing the data, then writing,
testing, and executing repair scripts.
- Proactive and reactive performance analysis, monitoring and troubleshooting
- Participate in the evaluation, selection and implementation of DBA tools to improve the effectiveness of tasks such as performance monitoring and tuning, recovery, and database change management processing.
Employer will accept professional with minimum 8+ years’ experience. MS in Computer Science, or Information Systems or equivalent experience is preferred. This role require significant on-call 24x7 support and responsibilities. Experience must include:
- 7+ years of DB experience, generally with one or more of the following DBMS platforms: SQL Server and
- Should have strong windows platform skills and understanding of network, storage, tiered application
environments and security.
- Good interpersonal skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal)
- Demonstrate ability to solve complex systems and database environment issues.
- Demonstrate ability to work in a complex organization to determine business and customer needs, providing the best solution to meet those needs.
- Knowledge of .Net, C++, C# preferred
- A good team player, flexible, share
knowledge and help others.
- Work experience in Visa will be
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.