Network Support Engineer
- Highlands Ranch, CO
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
This is an individual contributor role within the Global Security Operations and Engineering team. The focus will be on the management of firewall policy – rule design, rule life-cycle, and rule orchestration. This role serves as a technical/functional specialist and requires someone experienced in firewall policy management with a medium level proficiency in networking and network security disciplines. You will have the opportunity to learn other inline security technologies and troubleshooting on a global network.
- Day-to-day support and administration of network firewalls in a global, highly complex and fast evolving network
- Update firewall rules/policies to meet security requirements, crafting and supporting rules design via systems automation and routine compliance program.
- Firewall policy rule usage analysis
- Ensure compliance with defined security requirements. Re-mediate compliance issues within a short time frame
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting and updates for incident, request, change management, and network/firewall assurance programs
- Provide technical support for activities that improve the security posture of Visa’s networks
- Work closely with other network, systems, and security teams within Visa, maintaining up to the minute information about the underlying network, security, and systems to make sure the security tool deployments are operating effectively
- Work with the Global Information Security department to ensure solutions deployed meet Visa Security Requirements and provide technical assistance for investigation and analysis of security alerts
- Work with vendors to establish product recommendations, configuration, implementation and problem management
- Identify opportunities to automate deployment, configuration, and reduce human error for repeatable and well understood tasks
- Provide recommendations to management team to increase effectiveness of organization and technology solutions
- Participate in on call rotation as part of global team
- Bachelors/Degree in Computer Science or other technology field
- Requires a minimum of 3-5 years’ or equivalent Security experience
- Proficient with at least one of Palo Alto, Checkpoint Firewall-1, Cisco ASA, firewall technologies. PCNSE, CCSE, CCSA, CCNP, CCSP certifications a plus
- Experience administering enterprise IP networks in critical 24x7 production environments
Proficiency in firewall rules implementation, rules management, rules analysis
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot problems systematically
- Strong social, and facilitation skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills.
- Process orientation and exhibited planning, organizational and analytical skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.