REF2980J - (ETL) Systems Analyst
- Denver, CO
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our
VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the
Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa’s Data Platform Operations is responsible for 24x7 Production Support of over 200 ETL applications running 600 thousand batch processing in a month with 10 thousand codes and 2.1 Million Business Rules. It maintains a Data Warehouse of over 8 Petabytes of Data. The team also delivers over 500 research requests in a month.24x7 on-call support as per roster, which is 40hrs/week work.
• 5 years hands-on experience in large distributed environment.
• 2 years hands on experience in AIX/Sun Solaris/Red Hat environment.
• 1 years of experience in Performance Tuning, Data Fixing and Workload Automation.
• A bachelor degree in computer science or equivalent degree required.
• Have good working experience on Big Data Analytics using Hadoop, Hive, Pig and HBase.
• Detect and Resolve Problems code or Infra related issues by doing root cause analysis.
• Providing Permanent fixes to production issues.
• Do code change and turnover of the fixes.
• Set audits and alerts to detect problem.
• Facilitate maintenance activities.
• Plan and executes changes as per instructions.
• Strictly adhere to the processes and guidelines.
• Updates to knowledge repository.
• Knowledge Transition from/to others.
• Research/Analysis Work to answer questions.
• Have good working experience on UNIX, UDB, MVS and JCL.
• Identify improvement opportunities.
• Should have very good coding and troubleshooting skills.
• Have good working ETL and Hadoop experience, as well as proficiency in any one language or tools ( JAVA, ABINITIO,SHELL scripting, python).
• Strong Team player and ability to collaborate as part of virtual team across the globe.
• Ability to drive problem bridges collaborates with others from different functional and technical areas and escalates timely to get help to resolve problems within time.
• Perform exports, backups and data extracts as required from different environments.
• Ability to participate/make recommendations in capacity planning activities.
• Strong process adherence to follow change, incident and problem management processes.
• Ability to identify knowledge gaps and provide technical guidance/mentoring to others to help grow talent Incumbent must be a quick learner to learn new technology, application or tools and ability to cascade the knowledge to others.
• S/he must have the ability to research solutions to various business and technical problems, evaluate alternatives and be able to present recommendations and justifications to management.
• Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously and deliver on time with quality.
• S/he must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Job-holder must have flexibility to work in shifts and during weekends and extended hours when needed.
• S/he must have strong self-motivation, sense of ownership and ability to retain focus under stress during crisis situations.
• S/he must have strong business ethics, self-discipline and trustworthiness to handle sensitive confidential data in live production environment.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.