Employer Brand Communications Manager
- Foster City, CA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at
Visa works with one goal in mind making sure that Visa is the best way to pay
and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the
common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments
technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa
company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment
Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000
transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world,
enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the
world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global
economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA, World Cup,
celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have
a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa
offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa
is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on
delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over
the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of
the San Francisco Police Code.
Employer Brand Communications Manager
What We’re Looking For
We’re looking for an Employer Brand Communications manager with the right mix of creativity, integrated marketing and project management skills to partner with our recruiting teams and devise strategic external experiences, messaging and supporting communications plans to attract top talent. You must be a quick study, high-energy, someone who’s motivated by a fast-paced and evolving environment — a storyteller and an innovative marketer who can be super resourceful and scrappy under pressure.
You’re a storyteller who enjoys using social media levers to build profiles, thought leadership and intrigue around a brand. You’re a stellar communicator who enjoys writing and establishing genuine connection with a following/audience. You dream up inventive ways to break through the noise, positively shift perceptions and authentically build employee pride. You are personally passionate about creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and expressing the “soul” of who we are at Visa. You strive to make a big impact wherever you go and value collaboration versus flying solo.
If this sounds like the person you are, we want YOU on this journey. It’s an exciting time to join our team – Visa has been disrupting the payments industry from day one, as the first to introduce credit, debit and prepaid cards globally and continues to aggressively lead and drive tech innovation via payment rings and wearables, biometrics and even connected cars. You have the unique opportunity to shape how we attract the best and brightest into our organization.
What You’ll Do
The Manager, Employer Brand, Recruitment Marketing & Social Storytelling will devise programs, initiatives and communications to support Visa’s Global Human Resources and Talent Organization, partnering closely with the University & Technology Recruiting division to position Visa as an Employer of Choice:
• Infuse soul/human element into all communications to demonstrate authenticity with employees and attract talent
• Build experiences and related messaging and materials that elevate Visa’s corporate profile
• Collaborate with the Visa social and content team to externally promote the brand
• Oversee select owned Visa channels and drive campaigns and content plans in tandem with recruitment efforts and ads
What You’ll Do
• Outline the vision for recruitment experiences at Visa and externally at conferences and events that attract top talent and build intrigue around the brand. Determine LTF for major shows and work with an agency on the designs.
• Drive social ambassador network internally – working in collaboration with other comms leaders on in-person meetings, content flow, events and experiences to boost employee pride.
• Work closely with the Director of Employer Brand Communications on diversity initiatives and unique ways to reach specific audiences.
• Oversee LinkedIn content presence (pages, messaging and recruitment ads) and collaborate with the social team on campaigns and Elevate initiatives.
• Monitor Glassdoor channel, engage reviewers and provide reports to HR leaders. Responsible for analyzing data and devising solutions/creative ways to address
• Provide communications support writing new hire and onboarding email streams and working with the Visa University team on optimizing Day One Orientation content.
• Partner closely with the University Recruiting team to plan for on-campus recruitment push, developing full campaigns, messaging, information session presentations and training for recruitment representatives.
• Collaborate with the social team to amplify news that matters to employees and expresses #LifeAtVisa corporate pride on @VisaNews Twitter, LinkedIn and @lifeatvisa Instagram.
• Manage Life At Visa presence on Visa.com to expose potential talent to the workplace culture and its connection to Careers pages and Smart Recruiter content.
• Manage agency relationships with vendors and design services.
• Measure success and report industry and business impact of key programs.
• Reports to Sr. Director of Global Employer Brand Communications
What You Bring to the Role
• B.A./B.S. degree in marketing, public relations, English, communications or related discipline.
• 6+ years of marketing, public relations or communications experience. Previous agency experience preferred.
• Stellar verbal and written communication skills. It’s your forte!
• Experience program managing, developing comms plans and content calendars across multiple platforms.
• Passionate about people and curious about workplace culture, diversity and the employee experience. Your communications connect people to the brand.
• Ability to build global cross-functional relationships with others in HR, recruiting, marketing and corporate communications across the organization.
• Creative thinker and strong collaborator.
• Self-starter and proactive leader with a positive attitude. You get it done.
• Creative mind balanced with the ability to articulate data and insights. You stay on top of key trends and are always on the lookout for ways to leverage company/product information.
• Experience managing a variety of agency resources, driving them to successful outcomes
• Social media and PR expertise are a bonus.
• Results-oriented approach, willingness to take risks and go off the grid.
• Ability to rapidly prioritize, be nimble and react to changing market dynamics.
• Upstanding character, leadership, consistent execution and commitment to success.
• Experience managing budgets and resources effectively.
• Keen attention to detail, polish and presentation.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.