Business Development Manager
- Lagos, Nigeria
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Business Development specialist with ownership all aspects of designated Client relationships with a focus on business growth and client satisfaction.
Manages the setting, direction and implementation of country and business strategies with designated Clients to achieve business targets through growing the existing business and through identifying new business opportunities including the introduction and implementation of new products and services.
Business Development and Relationship Management
- Establish, develop and manage the relationship between Visa and designated Clients', industry representatives in-country such as Central Banks, Governments, Bankers Association and Media
- Establish, develop and manage relationships in-country with Vendors, Processors and Domestic Switches
- Manages Revenue for designated Clients
- Identify new business development opportunities and take accountability for and manage the project evaluation of these. Focus on achieving business targets through growing existing business and developing new business opportunities. Monitor business results of designated clients and anticipate challenges and take proactive measures to accomplish targets
- Ensure effective communication of progress to targets both within Visa and with Clients
- Develop, maintain and cultivate close relationships with decision-makers and senior management of designated clients, partner companies, Central banks and national banking associations. Understand their business strategies, priorities, needs and business processes, present to them strategic ideas and share Visa's views on industry developments and dynamics and advise them how Visa products can impact their results
- Represent Visa to the Clients by providing a point of contact to them, with permanent high quality support on the Visa organisation, products, systems and policies.
- Client consulting relating to operations, IT, marketing and compliance
- Ensure all Visa departments are fully informed of actions that may affect them, support their objectives and business plans and seek to resolve conflicts which might occur.
- Actively contribute to the development of the team through sharing of information, coaching and support
- Establish, maintain and develop good relationships with colleagues, and staff in other regions to ensure that global initiatives and best practice throughout Visa are effectively introduced across the company
- Complete ad hoc project/research work and other initiatives as directed by management
Strategic Nature, Management Accountability, & Scope
- Supports the development of BD Strategy. Ensures the implementation of annual functional sales goals and plans, primarily focused on execution
- Responsible for relationship management and business development with designation Clients and sectors without direct reports. May lead cross functional teams or projects
- Directly supports the West Africa Country Manager on the business development of the market
Decision Making & Complexity
- Has impact on West Africa revenue and organisation reputation through management of Client relationships
- Decisions are guided by Visa policies, procedures and business plans.
- Interprets business issues and recommends best practice
- Works independently with guidance in only the more complex situations. Solves complex problems taking a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions
Financial & Organizational Scope
- Operational sales team member & individual contributor. Not responsible for directly managing a budget or cost centre
- Manages assigned Clients
- Generates new business and maintains existing Client relationships for mid to large accounts
Reporting Relationships & Interactions
- Based in Lagos, Nigeria, this role reports to the West Africa Country Manager, based in the same office
- This position will involve frequent interaction with key Visa stakeholders, including the financial institutions, processors, the Central Bank, acquirers, merchants, etc
- This individual is expected to interact effectively with all levels of Visa management and staff
- Strong collaboration skills and team work with the SSA hub office for Marketing, Products, Acceptance and other functional work.
- Strong interpersonal skills will be required to address on-going needs of a complex, matrix reporting structure, and multinational organisation
- Multicultural sensitivity and interpersonal relationship management skills are essential including the ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Possesses specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise in business development, primarily focused on execution
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field, with typically at least 5 years professional experience in retail banking / financial services / payments sector
- Experience in the West Africa region
- Advanced knowledge and demonstrated mastery of core BD skills & competencies via practical experience of a difficult nature
- Proven Relationship Management skills
- Proven Sales, Negotiation & Influencing skills
- Time management, multitasking skills
- Fluent business English both written & spoken
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Creation & delivery of professional briefs and presentations
- Business / commercial acumen
- Analytical skills, strong problem solver, creative trouble shooter
- Experience working in cross functional team, matrix experience preferred
- Previous experience in a multinational financial company preferred, with a strong compliance culture
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Self-directed & motivated
- Team player, can-do attitude
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.