New Grad (Undergrad) - Business Development Analyst
- Palo Alto
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
TrialPay was acquired by Visa in 2015 for its unprecedented card-linked offer technology that allows merchants to grow their businesses and build stronger customer relationships. Joining our team means you’ll get the best of both worlds: the culture of a fast-paced startup with the security and scale of a Fortune 500 brand. Now, a part of Visa’s Loyalty & Offers team, TrialPay is devoted to building forward-thinking products to give our partners a leg up.
Here’s a sample of what we’ve been working on:
- Launched Uber Local Offers in August 2016, a new way for riders to earn discounted rides by simply using the same Visa card on file with Uber at their favorite local merchants.
- Leveraging Visa data to power our technology and ensure that we’re serving the most relevant, personalized offers to consumers.
- Driving value to high profile brands including Dunkin Donuts, Outback Steakhouse, Regal Entertainment, and Whole Foods Market.
- Building out the best-in-class APIs that accelerate the delivery of merchant solutions and data analytics to fuel business growth and strengthen customer relationships.
You can find out more about our products here: https://usa.visa.com/run-your-business/commercial-solutions/solutions/merchant-loyalty-card-programs.html
Your role as a Business Development Associate will provide valuable experience working with top domestic and international media companies, high-growth tech startups, and large-scale merchants. You will develop the technical, analytical, and soft skills necessary for success in the tech industry, including growing businesses & partnerships, communicating with clients, and developing foundational knowledge of technical integrations and API systems. You will have the opportunity to leverage Visa’s brand and learn translatable skills that can be applied to any industry. If you’re looking to make an impact in a fast paced, team-focused environment then come work, play, and grow with the Offers & Loyalty Team at Visa.
Key responsibilities in these roles may include:
- Support TrialPay’s monetization strategies and advertising/marketing promotions.
- Incorporate Visa Offers & Loyalty products into existing partnerships.
- Grow TrialPay’s account base into Visa products and offerings, providing additional verticals of revenue.
- Onboard and manage web and mobile loyalty program clients to the Visa platform.
- Day-to-day management of accounts, including: detailed quantitative analyses and identification and pursuit of strategic growth opportunities within the existing account base.
- Support and guide partners through technical integrations.
- Collaborate with your colleagues to find solutions on complex, strategic problems.
- Contribute to the development of new Offers & Loyalty products and initiatives.
- Develop an expert understanding of the Visa Offers & Loyalty product offerings
We seek experienced, proactive, high-achieving professionals to bring innovative ideas. So what are we looking for in a Business Development Analyst?
- Students graduating December 2016 or Spring 2017
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or a related field
- Excellent, professional communication skills, both internal and client-facing
- Ability to work independently and thrive with limited guidance
- Detail-oriented, diligent worker, with strong problem-solving skills.
- Highly organized with unfailing attention to detail yet equally adept at big picture priorities
- Flexible and creative thinker with the ability to define business trade-offs, generate out-of-the-box solutions and manage uncertainty
- Experience in payments, financial services, and/or technology industries a plus
- Strong interest in the future of payments a must
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and familiarity with/expertise in desktop, mobile, and web applications.
- Except in exceptional circumstances, undergraduate candidates who will require sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future will not be considered for this position
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.