Social Media Specialist
- 3rd St SW, Washington, DC, USA
VEA is an award winning, nationally recognized, small, minority company based in Washington, DC.
The Social Media Speciast will be responsible for overseeing marketing policies and programs, as well as identify areas of improvement to increase brand awareness. This person will be responsible for developing and implementing best-in-class public relations and marketing/communications strategies, ideas and programs to increase consumer engagement, buzz and other success metrics for the agency. The individual will oversee and create the social media strategy and campaigns.
- Manage social media campaigns
- Using various social media channels, create initiatives as part of overall marketing projects and strategies
- Analyze social media campaigns and make recommendations for changes
- Create content and optimize / create reporting for social media advertising (e.g. Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Vimeo, Govloop etc.)
- Manage and create blogs
- Manage deliverables and timelines for campaigns while working with Creative and Client Services teams
- Assist project team and develop activity reports
- Writing content for social media, advertisements, banner ads and client presentations
- Create timely and engaging content optimized for platform used and intended audience.
- Exhibit strong understanding of social media platforms, trends, and measurement approaches.
- Track and monitor performance using analytics and measure and track ROI goals.
- Exhibit solid understanding of key client information including general business strategy, industry issues, products and services offered, key customers and competitors in the marketplace.
- Act as day-to-day contact for clients and be responsible for flawless execution of complex social and digital communications strategies, web builds and various other projects.
- Develop and execute complex digital and social media campaigns, within the confines of related budgets.
- Understand online research techniques and methodologies and use them to support development/execution of client campaigns.
- Create and manage performance metrics
- Minimum 2 years of experience supporting the federal government
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, or a related field required.
- 3+ years of social media strategy/management
- Digital Project Management experience
- Previous experience in marketing
- Strong project management skills
- Strong leadership qualities
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- A mix of expertise with various interactive project types including responsive websites, social media, mobile/tablet applications, digital video and content creation.
- Ability to collaborate with other experts on the team, to solidify and strengthen ideas.
Must be resourceful, creative and efficient in getting work accomplished and ensure successful delivery, and execution.
- Thorough understanding of the changing social and digital media trends in relation to client partners' communication needs.
- Social media content strategy involvement including online community management.
- Demonstrated track record of developing large scale social media programs on behalf of different sized clients within different industries.
- Experience and confidence in communicating online marketing concerns to client executives.
- Experience creating key performance indicators (KPIs) and social media metrics
- Proficient in MS Office (i.e. MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint).
- Strong knowledge of SEO/SEM and paid social, a plus.
- VEA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and willing to hire wounded, ill, and injured. We offer a competitive salary and full benefits package.