Head of Technical - LNG/LPG Fleet
- Airport Rd - Dubai - United Arab Emirates
Job Summary and Purpose:
Assume Technical supervision responsibility of the LNG/LPG fleet – within own scope - in a reliable, safe, costefficient and professional manner, in line with industry-wide best standards and practices. Oversee and monitor overall technical management rendered by third party managers. Ensure timely and accurate resolution for all technical issues.
Job Specific Skills:
- Excellent knowledge of technical operations for Large Gas Carriers owned and managed
- LNG/LPG refits experience.
- Ability to conduct accident investigations, root cause analysis with recommendations and provide comprehensive reports
- Ability to compile budget and exercise controls
- Computer Literate – Knowledge of Microsoft office suite of products
- Marine Engineering degree (Class 1), preferably in motors and steam, or any other equivalent degree
- Sailed as chief engineer on board LNG/VLG Carriers
- Auditing skills - Lead ISO, ISM & ISPS Auditor preferred.
- Attended Incident Investigation LNG training
- Attended Emergency Response LNG training
- Attended relevant Risk Assessment training
- 8 to 12 years of experience out of which, a minimum 5 years’ experience as Chief Engineer on board LNG/LPG/Oil tanker
- Minimum 2 years’ as Technical Superintendent
- Experience of refit and dry docking as Chief Engineer and Technical Superintendent