- Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi
At Trans Skills, is a part of Al Serkal Group and we are currently hiring for one of clients in the Transportation Sector in Abu Dhabi
To manage and oversee the maintenance, services, civil work cleaning services, security, contractors, and subcontractors in their overall planning, organization, and management of activities, within the allocated time, budget, and quality standards, thus ensuring the facilities management objectives are achieved in accordance to set business requirements.
· Contribute to the formulation of the department’s strategy, annual business plans, budgets, policies and procedures and ensure alignment to the business policies and procedures
· Identify opportunities for quality and cost-effectiveness delivery
· Ensure the facilities are well maintained, cleaned and safe.
· Review and approve the maintenance, services, civil works & cleaning and security strategies, manpower plans, programs, systems, budgets, policies and procedures; ensure that all facilities management services are in line with the leading practices, business, local government and regulatory requirements.
· Approve and review master plans in the areas of maintenance, civil works, cleaning, and services.
· Oversee the annual budget reports to highlight utilization against assigned budgets in an accurate and timely manner; ensure that budget reports are submitted to the Senior Director- Facilities as and when required
· Ensure that the facilities management services are conducted according to HSE and Security regulations as stipulated by local law.
· Ensure compliance with the agreed work schedule, communication plans, and approved budgets.
· Review and approve the annual maintenance, cleaning, security, services, and housing plans and budgets.
· Identify facilities management services to be conducted by external contractors and assist in the development of tender specifications; monitor the progress and quality of work executed by external contractors.
· Negotiate clauses and fees with the external contractor to reduce cost ensuring quality standards are maintained
· Oversee the preparation of contracts for agreements with external entities, i.e., contractors, security vendors, civil works & cleaning suppliers and liaise with the legal department to ensure that rights are preserved.
· Initiate and lead periodic customer satisfaction surveys to identify critical areas of improvement for the department’s services in order to assess the performance and responsiveness of the services provided
· Lead department meetings to discuss and agree on work plans, programs, requirements and inspect sites on a periodic basis for evaluation of services
· Continuous monitoring of the department’s related risks and issues, providing a route to escalation for their resolution, when required
· Provide technical advice and recommendations to the Facilities management department team members to ensure smooth operations and delivery
· Conduct inspection of the properties to check maintenance, clearing and security are as per the standards
· Introduce best practices in the field and ensure proper introduction and training for our existing staff.
· Introduce environmental practices in our activities.
· Provide bench-marking on regional and international levels for our activities.
· Introduce/improve on existing facility management software and align with companywide platforms.
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
· MBA is preferred
· A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in Facilities Management
· A minimum of 5 years of in a management position