- 4401 Village Dr, Fairfax, VA 22030, USA
Virginia International University (VIU) was established in 1998 with the goal of providing affordable, quality higher education for students preparing to meet the ever-evolving needs and opportunities of the 21st Century workforce. Located in Fairfax, Virginia, just minutes from Washington, DC, VIU is an independent academic establishment combining a liberal arts tradition with emphasis on career orientation. We are currently offering graduate and undergraduate level programs in computer science, business, and management, as well as full and part-time certificates in a variety of professional and technical fields, including English as a Second Language (ESL). Our Student body comes from over 50 different countries as of today.
It is the policy of VIU to provide equal employment and educational opportunities for all people regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, disability, source of income, place of residence or business, and veteran status. An integral part of this policy is to administer recruiting , hiring, working conditions, benefits and privileges of employment, compensation, training, opportunity for advancement including upgrades and promotion, transfer, and termination of employment including layoff and recall for all employees in accordance with this policy.
The Inquiries Assistant assists prospective students with the admissions process by responding to inquiries in an accurate and timely manner and guiding them through the application process.
- Serve as the first point of contact and respond to inquiries from prospective students and organizations in other countries and local communities coming in via email, phone, social media, and chat to promote Virginia International University
- Follow up with prospective students every week for a period of four (4) weeks via email
- Maintain knowledge of current information regarding VIU’s programs, practices, policies, etc. to be able to respond to inquiries with accurate information; find and report inconsistent or incorrect information on VIU website
- Escalate prospective and current student issues to supervisor
- Load sequences into CAMS in order to generate automated emails to applicants
- Enter international and domestic leads generated from marketing efforts into the University’s CRM system
- Record prospective student information in the Communications Logbook for Monthly Inquiries Report
- Assist with Student Recruitment and Marketing by conducting research, responding to inquiries via email, and increasing social media engagement
- Assist with other admissions responsibilities, as requested
- High School Degree or higher required; Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university preferred
- Previous work experience in a web chat or customer service environment, admissions/marketing experience preferred
- Knowledge of higher education enrollment, demographics, recruitment, marketing, and communication strategies preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office applications as well as CRM systems for inquiry management
- Excellent oral and written English communication with exceptional customer service skills
- Familiarity with social media communication and engagement
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work with a highly diverse staff and student body
- Strong work ethic with the ability to excel in a demanding, outcome-oriented, and dynamic work environment
What You’ll Get:
At VIU, we understand the value of our most important asset – the employee. We strive to promote a balance between work and family, and we offer a comprehensive benefit package to sustain and enhance the employee's quality of life.
We offer medical and prescription drug coverage, dental and vision insurance, disability and life insurance, a great 401(k) plan, a generous leave program, and much more!
Think you have what it takes? Apply today!
Candidates selected for a phone screen or an in-person interview will be contacted. Please do not call to follow up on your application as we have a high volume of calls and will not be able to respond to every inquiry.