Administrative Services Coordinator
- 4401 Village Dr, Fairfax, VA 22030, USA
Virginia International University (VIU) was established in 1998 with the goal of providing affordable, quality higher education for students preparing to meet the ever-evolving needs and opportunities of the 21st Century workforce. Located in Fairfax, Virginia, just minutes from Washington, DC, VIU is an independent academic establishment combining a liberal arts tradition with emphasis on career orientation. We are currently offering graduate and undergraduate level programs in computer science, business, and management, as well as full and part-time certificates in a variety of professional and technical fields, including English as a Second Language (ESL). Our Student body comes from over 50 different countries as of today.
It is the policy of VIU to provide equal employment and educational opportunities for all people regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, disability, source of income, place of residence or business, and veteran status. An integral part of this policy is to administer recruiting , hiring, working conditions, benefits and privileges of employment, compensation, training, opportunity for advancement including upgrades and promotion, transfer, and termination of employment including layoff and recall for all employees in accordance with this policy.
Virginia International University seeks an Administrative Services Coordinator to be the first point of contact at VIU. The Administrative Services Coordinator will welcome guests and greet people who visit the University as well as coordinate front desk and administrative services, including distributing correspondence, redirecting phone calls, delivering mail and packages, filling inventory requests, ensuring cleanliness of the property, and providing basic information services in-person and by phone/e-mail.
- Greet and welcome guests as soon as they arrive in the lobby area
- Direct visitors to the appropriate person or office
- Answer, screen, and forward incoming phone calls
- Ensure reception and waiting areas are tidy and presentable, with all necessary marketing materials
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/e-mail
- Receive and log daily mail/deliveries and distribute to appropriate staff
- Maintain building security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the front desk (monitor logbook, issue visitor badges)
- Stock front desk supplies and keep forms and marketing materials in stock
- Maintain a call log for all incoming calls
- Distribute documents for pickup
- Assist with filling and distributing supply requests
- Act as the liaison between the University and contracted cleaning services and ensure the cleanliness of the property, including providing assistance with classroom setup and maintenance
- Handle the approval of meeting room requests and ensure there are no overlapping events
- Participate in daily building walk-throughs
- Supervise student employees assigned to the front desk
- Assist with other administrative and property services, as requested
- High School Diploma required, Associate’s Degree or higher preferred
- 1-3 years of work experience a Receptionist, Administrative Assistant, or Administrative Services Assistant preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Hands-on experience with office equipment (e.g., fax machines, printers, copiers, and multi-line phones)
- Professional attitude and appearance with exceptional customer service skills
- Solid written and verbal English communication skills
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Excellent multitasking and organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and work independently, with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work with a highly diverse staff, faculty, and student body
What You’ll Get:
At VIU, we understand the value of our most important asset – the employee. We strive to promote a balance between work and family, and we offer a comprehensive benefit package to sustain and enhance the employee's quality of life.
We offer medical and prescription drug coverage, dental and vision insurance, disability and life insurance, a great 401(k) plan, a generous leave program, and much more!
Think you have what it takes? Apply today!
Candidates selected for a phone screen or an in-person interview will be contacted. Please do not call to follow up on your application as we have a high volume of calls and will not be able to respond to every inquiry.