Email Marketing & CRM Specialist (Remote/Hybrid)
- Department: Marketing
At Viral Nation, we specialize in building social-first ecosystems for brands to connect with the modern consumer journey. Our integrated solutions align strategy, talent, media, and technology with culturally relevant creative to scale the world’s fastest growing digital brands. Viral Nation offers a fluid, creative, and growth-oriented environment that will support your ambitions to apply your talents in an open, collaborative, and fast paced culture. We’re driven to push boundaries and think beyond today to deliver strategies, and we’re just getting started. Our ability to stay at the forefront of the industry has fueled our success and will guide us in paving the path forward.
2021 was a transformational year for Viral Nation, having grown by 200% and we have even bigger ambitions for 2022 and beyond. While we continuously exceed our goals, we need your help – our success is only as great as our people. Strong performance leads to high expectations and we need to keep raising the bar!
We Constantly Evolve: Embracing change is both an opportunity and a necessity!
Courage: Challenging the norm drives us forward!
Diversity: We strive for excellence and recognize that our differences make us stronger. We respect and seek out the inclusion of differences, realizing we can learn from each other!
Resilience: Adversity is a springboard for growth!
Viral Nation is seeking an Email Marketing Specialist who will strategize, plan and execute our email marketing initiatives. The Email Marketing Strategist will collaborate with the marketing team on various projects, including newsletters and client communication, and lead nurture campaigns and outreach programs. This role will require a deep understanding of CRM management, communication, CLM strategy, performance measurement and marketing automation. In partnership with copywriters, designers and demand generation specialists, the Email Marketing Specialist will help create and facilitate a best-in-class email marketing strategy, shape how we communicate with current and prospective clients and help drive growth across multiple channels of Viral Nation’s business.
- Drive strong performance across automated email campaigns including retargeting, transactional, acquisition, on-boarding and nurture programs.
- Develop extensive knowledge of our marketing technology stack (HubSpot and other customer data platforms) and our data sources to become a systems expert
- Develop strong, data centric lead nurturing workflows and automations to segment, qualify and convert leads into partners.
- Lead the planning and execution of ongoing campaign optimization efforts through A/B testing creative and messaging, customer segmentation, and audience insights.
- Identify new opportunities for automated and personalized lifecycle marketing programs. Brainstorm ways to improve customer experience through cross-channel (email, chat, etc) campaigns.
- Effectively manage email campaigns with strong organizational, communication, and coordination skills.
- Ensure high quality and error-free implementation, testing, and QA of all campaigns
- Assist in evaluating emerging technologies, vendors, and industry innovations and provide recommendations for adoption where appropriate.
- Help develop and oversee the customer lifecycle engagement strategy, planning, execution, measurement, and optimization, with a focus on technical enablement of dynamic personalization, segmentation, and event triggered communications.
- Help manage our CRM database hygiene and optimization; develop/execute strategy for monitoring and improving gaps in data health and accuracy.
- Develop and manage a customer and lead segmentation strategy that optimizes email communication effectiveness to current and prospective customers.
- Develop and implement lead nurture campaigns for multiple business units and initiatives. Monitor and track performance, provide optimization recommendations and report on results.
- Partner closely with the various business unit leaders to ensure priorities are aligned, working on the highest value/most important initiatives.
- Advise the marketing team and leadership on best practices, innovations and test and learn opportunities relating to CRM management, customer segmentation, email marketing and marketing automation.
- 3-5 years of experience as an Email Marketing Specialist, CRM Manager or equivalent role.
- Extensive experience with Salesforce, Hubspot and/or similar platforms.
- In-depth knowledge of segmentation, workflows, data analytics and reporting
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Developed engaging journeys and lifecycle programs to keep clients informed, engaged and retained.
- Have lead and/or executed lead nurture campaigns with measurable results.
- Leveraged multiple sources of data to make strategic decisions that drive action and incremental value.
- Reported on the health of the programs on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual cadence.
- Proactively provide channel forecasts, insights, and recommendations to stakeholders to influence change.
- Understand business metrics and how they impact strategy, tactics, creative and other daily decisions.
- A customer-centric view of communication, able to see and learn distinct needs and corresponding benefits of a given target audience.
- Stays current on best practices in CRM, CLM, lead nurturing and marketing, evaluating and communicating their potential impact on the business.
- Knowledge of email best practices, A/B testing, CASL and other anti-spam laws, and bring new and innovative ideas to the team
- Build dynamic emails, modules and templates using Hubspot
- Communicate frequently and clearly with management and solicit feedback if necessary
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Viral Nation is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in our agency. Viral Nation welcomes applications from people with visible and non-visible disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruiting and selection process.