Social Media Specialist
- Department: Marketing
In 2020, Viral Nation was voted the 4th fastest growing company in Canada. At Viral Nation, we embed brands in culture. We are not a typical ‘big agency’. We are a team of entrepreneurs, ex-global agency leaders and big talent agency recruiters who came together with a shared vision to do things differently.
We help brands find smarter ways to deliver better value to their communities by collaborating with the people who know them intimately, understand what they want, and create content that speaks directly to them. We move at the speed of culture and evolve quickly as needed. We continue to do this successfully for some of the world’s largest brands, including Facebook Oculus, Disney, DC Comics, TikTok and Tencent.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salaries and 100% paid comprehensive health benefits plan
- Learn from an unrivalled leadership team with many years of agency experience
- Be yourself! Work with an agency that boasts above-average diversity statistics
- Dedicated programs to support your mental health and work-life harmony
- Flexible work schedule and summer hours
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- Partake in our calendar of team building and social events
- Work with some of the world’s most engaging brands
As a Social Media Specialist at Viral Nation, you will leverage your expertise and knowledge of industry best practices to develop, implement and oversee highly effective and measurable social media campaigns. The ideal candidate should possess a creative and inquisitive mindset, keep up-to-date with pop culture trends, and exhibit a strong inclination toward collaborating with the VN marketing team. Your primary responsibility would be to facilitate the growth of Viral Nation across various social media channels and emerging platforms, as well as to foster engagement within the VN community comprising influencers, marketers, and brands.
- Effectively plan, coordinate, and create content for social media platforms in collaboration with the marketing team
- Conceive and execute content outlines and calendars that span the lifecycle of ongoing campaigns
- Help to define and evolve workflow, procedures and tools, in order to increase team efficiency
- Act as a frontline ambassador and thought leader for Viral Nation, react to audience engagements in real-time on a range of platforms including Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and others, participating and helping shape online conversations
- Accountable for measurement and reporting across channels on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis, ensuring any issues/complaints are addressed in a timely manner and adjusting content accordingly
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a related field
- Strong social media management and strategy background, with at least 2-3 years of experience at an in-house brand or agency, required
- Knowledge of social media platforms, including Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Experience using design tools such as Canva
- Knowledge of best practices in a general sense and an industry-specific one, as well as being on top of the latest social media trends and viral moments
- Experience building out content plans and using content management & scheduling tools (Later, Hootsuite, Sprout Social, or others)
- Ability to deliver actionable insights through competitive social audits and social listening
- Exceptional social-specific writing skills, copywriting etc.
- Experience using various social platforms analytics to pull data, report on media and provide recommendations to further optimize VN campaigns
- Ability to communicate, present and interact with key stakeholders at all levels of the organization, including executives
- Excellent time management skills
- A social media maven
- Passionate marketer
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and/or as part of a team
- Resourceful and takes initiative
- An individual that strives for high-quality results
- Comfortable as a spokesperson
Viral Nation is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in our agency. Viral Nation welcomes applications from people with visible and non-visible disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruiting and selection process.