Creative Strategist (Remote / Hybrid)
- Department: Creative & Content
At Viral Nation, we specialize in building social-first ecosystems for brands to connect with the modern consumer journey. Our integrated solutions align strategy, talent, media, and technology with culturally relevant creative to scale the world’s fastest-growing digital brands. Viral Nation offers a fluid, creative, and growth-oriented environment that will support your ambitions to apply your talents in an open, collaborative, and fast-paced culture. We’re driven to push boundaries and think beyond today to deliver strategies, and we’re just getting started. Our ability to stay at the forefront of the industry has fueled our success and will guide us in paving the path forward.
2021 was a transformational year for Viral Nation, having grown by 200% and we have even bigger ambitions for 2022 and beyond. While we continuously exceed our goals, we need your help – our success is only as great as our people. Strong performance leads to high expectations and we need to keep raising the bar!
We Constantly Evolve: Embracing change is both an opportunity and a necessity!
Courage: Challenging the norm drives us forward!
Diversity: We strive for excellence and recognize that our differences make us stronger. We respect and seek out the inclusion of differences, realizing we can learn from each other!
Resilience: Adversity is a springboard for growth
We are currently seeking a Creative Strategist, who will be the day-to-day lead on all brand/creative-led strategies for multiple streams of business and industries we service within Viral Nation. This person will work with a multidisciplinary internal team to craft innovative, timely, and culturally relevant strategies that inspire cutting-edge creative work. We’re looking for an effective storyteller - who possesses strong communication skills, an understanding of influencer and creator marketing, an analytic mind, and a great passion for outside-of-the-box creative thinking. If you have a major love of tech, gaming, or esports - this is the role for you!
- You are able to operate both conceptually and analytically to inspire and drive successful creative ideas while leveraging data to demonstrate performance, provide insights, and create improvements
- You know there is a big difference between being trendy and staying ahead of the trend.
- You are a storyteller and innovator - You know that how you tell a story on Tik Tok can be vastly different than how you tell it on Instagram.
- You can articulate ideas succinctly and compellingly
- You love using data to inform creative decisions.
- You have strong written and verbal communications skills
- You know how to have fun, balance work, problem-solve, and roll with the punches!
- Create compelling content briefs and creative experiences that push the boundaries of traditional and modern mediums to engage audiences and increase awareness and demand for clients.
- You have a “think and do” attitude - you’re able to help establish this big picture thinking strategy, while also crafting the creative briefs, leading content production ideation, and working cross-functionally with other departments to bring your proposed strategy to life.
- Support clients with crafting the organization's creative narrative and persona, provide social media content direction, and campaign specific strategies for organic and paid social.
- Staying on top of influencer marketing trends to support our clients and help guide recommendations on creative direction for our creators, and / or influencers
- Performing qualitative market research and directing quantitative research when required
- Writing is clear and succinct.
- Mentor internal teams on how to strategically plan and create great content by providing frameworks, concepts, governance, and education.
- Able to lead strategic discussions and provide clear recommendations and documents with minimal direction or supervision.
- Able to present internally and to clients with confidence and clarity
- Identify gaps and opportunities in content plans for new & existing clients
- Extentensive experience and knowledge with all core social platforms - including: Instagram, Tik Tok, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn
- Remain on the pulse of creative trends, platform changes, and best practices to optimize strategies and educate the larger Viral Nation community.
- Involvement in new business pitch presentations
- Minimum of 3+ years of professional experience with data driven creative marketing, strategy, and social media platforms - agency experience preferred
- Experience and a deep understanding of all social media platforms
- Understands the customer life cycle and creating content for each stage.
- Proficient in content marketing and content writing
- Ability to write an informative brief that clearly and confidently articulates vision and process.
- Ability to translate direction from internal leadership and external clients into creative strategies and deliverables.
Viral Nation is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in our agency. Viral Nation welcomes applications from people with visible and non-visible disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruiting and selection process.