Senior Strategist (REMOTE / HYBRID)
- Department: Creative & Content
At Viral Nation, we specialize in building social-first ecosystems for brands to connect with the modern consumer journey. Our integrated solutions align strategy, talent, media, and technology with culturally relevant creativity to scale the world’s fastest-growing digital brands. Viral Nation offers a fluid, creative, and growth-oriented environment that will support your ambitions to apply your talents in an open, collaborative, and fast-paced culture. We’re driven to push boundaries and think beyond today to deliver strategies, and we’re just getting started. Our ability to stay at the forefront of the industry has fueled our success and will guide us in paving the path forward.
2021 was a transformational year for Viral Nation, having grown by 200% and we have even bigger ambitions for 2022 and beyond. While we continuously exceed our goals, we need your help – our success is only as great as our people. Strong performance leads to high expectations and we need to keep raising the bar!
We Constantly Evolve: Embracing change is both an opportunity and a necessity!
Courage: Challenging the norm drives us forward!
Diversity: We strive for excellence and recognize that our differences make us stronger. We respect and seek out the inclusion of differences, realizing we can learn from each other!
We are currently seeking a Senior Strategist, who will be the day-to-day lead on all brand/social strategies for multiple pieces of business and industries we service within Viral Nation. This person will work with a multidisciplinary internal team to craft innovative, timely, and culturally relevant strategies that inspire cutting-edge creative work. We’re looking for an effective storyteller, who possesses strong communication skills, an analytic mind, and a great passion for research. Ultimately, the successful candidate will help define the big picture for our brands - integrating roadmaps, and developing and enacting recommendations that materialize as the path forward for them. If you have a major love of sports - specifically soccer - this is the role for you!
- Leading strategic phases of projects ensuring integration to subsequent phases of the project for Viral Nation and its client base
- Develop the guiding brand platform (ex.. Positioning & narrative direction, core values, tonal direction, & brand personality) for clients across a varied and wide-ranging list of business categories
- Performing qualitative market research and directing quantitative research when required
- Work with clients to develop the organization's social voice and persona, provide social media consultation, and campaign-specific social strategies for organic and paid social.
- The writing is clear and succinct.
- Able to lead strategic discussions and provide clear recommendations and documents with minimal direction or supervision. Able to present internally and to clients with confidence and clarity
- Experience creating Social Media Playbooks and Brand best practice protocols.
- Identify gaps and opportunities in content plans for new & existing clients
- Extensive experience and knowledge with Instagram, Tik Tok, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.
- Remain on the pulse of social media trends, ecosystem changes, and best practices to optimize strategies and educate the larger Viral Nation community.
- Ability to decipher information using data & measurement tools
- Experience with mentorship and leadership - role may include 1-2+ direct reports
- Involvement in new business pitch presentations
- Minimum of 6+ years of professional experience with strategy and social media platforms - agency experience preferred
- Experience and a deep understanding using Instagram, Tik Tok, Facebook, LinkedIn, Youtube, and Twitter.
- Knowledge and understanding of working with sports organizations. The love of soccer is a huge asset!
- Ability to write an informative brief that clearly and confidently articulates vision and process.
- Ability to translate directly from internal leadership and external clients into social media strategies and deliverables.
- Responsive and available to meet the demands of clients across multiple time zones.
- Proficiency with social media management and analytical tools
- Must have a university degree, or college diploma, in a relevant field such as marketing, business, public relations, or communications, and/or have equivalent work experience.
- Must have professionally managed social media for brands.
- Experience growing brands on social media
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Viral Nation is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in our agency. Viral Nation welcomes applications from people with visible and non-visible disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruiting and selection process.