- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Department: Finance/Accounting
OPPORTUNITIES MADE FOR THE MOMENT AND BUILT FOR THE FUTURE.
At Viral Nation, we specialize in building social-first ecosystems for brands to connect with the modern consumer journey. Our integrated solutions align strategy, talent, media, and technology with culturally relevant creativity to scale the world’s fastest-growing digital brands. Viral Nation offers a fluid, creative, and growth-oriented environment that will support your ambitions to apply your talents in an open, collaborative, and fast-paced culture. Our ability to stay at the forefront of the industry has fueled our success and will guide us in paving the path forward. We’re driven to push boundaries and think beyond today to deliver strategies, and we’re just getting started.
2021 was a transformational year for Viral Nation, having grown by 200%, and we have even bigger ambitions for 2022 and beyond. While we continuously exceed our goals, we need your help – our success is only as great as our people. Strong performance leads to high expectations and we need to keep raising the bar!
We Constantly Evolve: Embracing change is both an opportunity and a necessity!
Courage: Challenging the norm drives us forward!
Diversity: We strive for excellence and recognize that our differences make us stronger. We respect and seek out the inclusion of differences, realizing we can learn from each other!
Resilience: Adversity is a springboard for growth
Reporting to the Controller, the Manager, Finance will lead a team of Analysts and Senior Analysts in ensuring various aspects of Viral Nation’s accounting, reporting, and month-end close cycle are accurate, complete, and efficient. The Manager, Finance will play a key role in maintaining the integrity of accounting records, systems, and processes, while also supporting the preparation and presentation of accurate and complete financial reports to senior management.
- Manage all aspects of the accounting operations such as cash management, reporting, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, % of completion project accounting and invoicing.
- Manage the daily operations of the accounting department, including day-to-day transactions ensuring the quality of financial operations meet the requirements of an audit.
- Plan and manage the month-end close process including detailed review of account reconciliations, FX adjustments, balance sheet continuity schedules, depreciation and amortization calculations, month-end journal entries, consolidation entries etc.
- Detailed and timely review of payments to vendors.
- Prepare periodic reports for management, including month -end variance analysis, AP and AR status reports, monthly financial statements, and other cross -functional reporting.
- Maintain effective and efficient accounting systems, processes, and practices based on recognized accounting principles, policies, procedures, and guidelines while ensuring compliance
- Manage the year -end audit process including the review and/or preparation of working papers, schedules, analysis, and other required documentation
- Support accounting department initiatives, such as software and systems implementation and other departmental or company-wide improvements.
- Support creation, review, implementation, and streamlining of policies, procedures, and controls.
- 3-5 years of experience in finance and accounting roles
- Designation in Professional Accounting (CPA/CA)
- Experience with ASPE (Accounting Standards for Private Enterprise) and IFRS
- Experience with accounting/finance processes including month-end close and financial statements
- Intermediate to advanced working knowledge of excel and data analysis
- Detail oriented, organized, and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication (full proficiency in English) and interpersonal skills
- Experience with Microsoft Business Central (Dynamics 365)
- Startup and marketing/agency industry experience
Viral Nation is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in our agency. Viral Nation welcomes applications from people with visible and non-visible disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruiting and selection process.