Account Director - HYBRID / REMOTE
- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Account Services
At Viral Nation, we specialize in building social-first ecosystems for brands to connect with the modern consumer journey. Our integrated solutions align strategy, talent, media, and technology with culturally relevant creativity to scale the world’s fastest-growing digital brands. Viral Nation offers a fluid, creative, and growth-oriented environment that will support your ambitions to apply your talents in an open, collaborative, and fast-paced culture. We’re driven to push boundaries and think beyond today to deliver strategies, and we’re just getting started. Our ability to stay at the forefront of the industry has fueled our success and will guide us in paving the path forward.
2021 was a transformational year for Viral Nation, having grown by 200% and we have even bigger ambitions for 2022 and beyond. While we continuously exceed our goals, we need your help – our success is only as great as our people. Strong performance leads to high expectations and we need to keep raising the bar!
We Constantly Evolve: Embracing change is both an opportunity and a necessity!
Courage: Challenging the norm drives us forward!
Diversity: We strive for excellence and recognize that our differences make us stronger. We respect and seek out the inclusion of differences, realizing we can learn from each other!
Resilience: Adversity is a springboard for growth!
Viral Nation is seeking a dedicated Account Director with a robust mix of influencer marketing, social & digital media, analytics, and content marketing experience who will help achieve maximum impact of the brand story. By nature, they are a confident, courageous and strategic leader who excels in building bulletproof relationships with both their clients as well as their internal team. They are known to bring value to every conversation and know when and how to challenge the status quo within our ever-changing industry.
The Account Director is accountable for leading, retaining and growing their dedicated portfolio of clientele. They lead the day-to-day execution of client programs and elevate brand storytelling, insights and analytics. They know the components needed for flawless execution, and delivery, and push for exceptionally creative and unique work across a mix of global clientele. They lead the account teams responsible for influencer engagement, paid social and measurement, in addition to creative ideation, managing briefs, building and managing client relationships, presenting concepts, developing proposals and delivering clear POVs on trends that impact clients’ business.
- Establish and grow a strong relationship with multiple senior client stakeholders through a demonstration of industry knowledge and the application to business challenges and growing and driving revenue
- Establish and maintain relationships with all key stakeholders
- Hands-on leader with execution and negotiation for Celeb, Celeb Influencer and Macro talent
- Liaises and orchestrates directly with all internal teams
- Manage & coach a team of 15-20 members through navigation of client challenges and campaign executions
- Create pitches and RFP’s
- Identify and understand problem-solving techniques and facilitate a process to solve issues (internally and externally)
- Proactively keep abreast of industry trends and implications on client business
- Develop and motivate the Account team to deliver the highest standards in leadership, insight, delivery, and spirit in the industry, as seen by clients and internal partners
- Mentor the team to maximize individuals’ growth, and harness the strengths and opportunities of each team member
- 5+ years of influencer, digital & social marketing experience driving talent partnerships and revenue growth
- Experience in consumer tech and gaming industry
- Previously managed a team of 15-20 people
- Managed over 1M+ budgets
- Strong understanding of influencer marketing and social media platforms including contract negotiations, content development and measurement
- Expert knowledge of paid and organic influencer tactics
- Proficient in interpreting and applying where necessary information provided by influencer management software (such as Creator IQ, Klear, Tagger, Upfluence)
- Excelling project management skills with a keen eye for detail
- Works collaboratively with planning and creative teams to drive business outcomes
- Expert grasp of social media platforms
- Good understanding of paid and social amplification
- Proficient with MS Office, Google or other presentation software
- Robust experience with cross-channel integration
Nice to have:
- Photoshop, Canva, animation, motion graphics
- Certification in Facebook Blueprint, Twitter Flight School and/or Google Analytics
- Social media tools like Sprout, Sprinklr, Hootsuite
- CRM software like Hubspot
- Meta software experience
Viral Nation is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in our agency. Viral Nation welcomes applications from people with visible and non-visible disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruiting and selection process.