Art Director (HYBRID / REMOTE)
- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Creative & Content
OPPORTUNITIES MADE FOR THE MOMENT AND BUILT FOR THE FUTURE.
At Viral Nation, we specialize in building social-first ecosystems for brands to connect with the modern consumer journey. Our integrated solutions align strategy, talent, media, and technology with culturally relevant creativity to scale the world’s fastest-growing digital brands. Viral Nation offers a fluid, creative, and growth-oriented environment that will support your ambitions to apply your talents in an open, collaborative, and fast-paced culture. Our ability to stay at the forefront of the industry has fueled our success and will guide us in paving the path forward. We’re driven to push boundaries and think beyond today to deliver strategies, and we’re just getting started.
2021 was a transformational year for Viral Nation, having grown by 200%, and we have even bigger ambitions for 2022 and beyond. While we continuously exceed our goals, we need your help – our success is only as great as our people. Strong performance leads to high expectations and we need to keep raising the bar!
We Constantly Evolve: Embracing change is both an opportunity and a necessity!
Courage: Challenging the norm drives us forward!
Diversity: We strive for excellence and recognize that our differences make us stronger. We respect and seek out the inclusion of differences, realizing we can learn from each other!
Resilience: Adversity is a springboard for growth
We are looking for a creative Art Director with experience working in the gaming or tech industry, who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and loves the challenge of discovering what makes consumers “click”. You will cooperate with a design-savvy team to devise an overall concept and execute it.
The goal is to translate marketing and branding strategies into innovative and impressive campaigns that stimulate targeted audiences. All applicants must submit a portfolio for consideration.
- Responsible for the delivery of inspired visuals and concepts, bringing marketing tools to life, and the development of big ideas for clients across multiple industries.
- Experience or has an interest in working with Gaming or Tech clients
- Equal parts creator ideas, champion of craft, and meticulous designer.
- Both Video & Photo expertise.
- Social or digital agency a plus
- Working closely with the strategists, community managers, and copywriters for guidance as you conceptualize ideas and flawlessly execute on them.
- Produce sketches, storyboards roughs to visualize ideas
- Ideating & producing video & photo assets – working with production vendors when needed.
- Working on a series of production shoots
- Understand marketing initiatives, strategic positioning, and target audience
- Cooperate with the rest of the creative team across different types of media
- Take work from concept to final execution within deadlines
- Manage and delegate responsibilities to other designers and provide directions
- Lead creative presentations of approved work to clients/ team members when required.
- Stay on top of all trends, competitive work, and maintain best practices
- 4-6 years of art direction or lead design experience in a fast-paced environment
- Social video cut downs and resizing a must
- Must know the ins and outs of the TikTok platform and all other social channels
- Hands-on experience with graphic design including logo design, typography, color, web layout design, motion graphics, video editing, and image selection
- Proficient use of InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
- Incorporate feedback and take/give direction well
- Team player with strong communication and presentation skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Viral Nation is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in our agency. Viral Nation welcomes applications from people with visible and non-visible disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruiting and selection process.