Senior Art Director (REMOTE / HYBRID)
- Bridgetown, Barbados
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Creative & Content
In 2020, Viral Nation was voted the 4th fastest growing company in Canada. At Viral Nation, we embed brands in culture. We are not a typical ‘big agency’. We are a team of entrepreneurs, ex-global agency leaders and big talent agency recruiters who came together with a shared vision to do things differently.
We help brands find smarter ways to deliver better value to their communities by collaborating with the people who know them intimately, understand what they want, and create content that speaks directly to them. We move at the speed of culture and evolve quickly as needed. We continue to do this successfully for some of the world’s largest brands, including Facebook Oculus, Disney, DC Comics, TikTok and Tencent.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salaries and 100% paid comprehensive health benefits plan
- Learn from an unrivaled leadership team with many years of agency experience
- Be yourself! Work with an agency that boasts above-average diversity statistics
- Dedicated programs to support your mental health and work-life harmony
- Flexible work schedule and summer hours
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- Partake in our calendar of team building and social events
- Work with some of the world’s most engaging brands
We are looking for a Senior Art Director (Conceptual) to provide creative leadership and art direction for the agency and collaborate with the copywriting and full creative team. The Senior Art Director develops concepts in response to a creative brief and is responsible for supporting the senior leadership, creative peers, and producers in developing strategic creative campaigns, social media content, influencer campaigns and occasional experiential marketing collateral for clients. The Senior Art Director is expected to exhibit outstanding design & art direction judgment and work collaboratively with the team in achieving the highest possible standards for all materials across all client work. In addition, you will utilize knowledge of clients’ business challenges and lead art direction to address specific social media marketing objectives as defined by the brief. The senior art director will also be expected to help develop creative campaigns and lead conceptual development for select assignments.
The goal is to translate marketing and branding strategies into innovative and impressive campaigns that stimulate targeted audiences. All applicants must submit a portfolio for consideration.
- You are a legend of visualization that sees the end result before it begins.
- Equal parts creator ideas, champion of craft, and meticulous designer.
- Responsible for the delivery of inspired visuals and concepts, bringing marketing tools to life, and the development of big ideas for clients across multiple industries.
- Working closely with the strategists, community managers, and copywriters for guidance as you conceptualize ideas and flawlessly execute on them.
- Produce sketches, storyboards roughs to visualize ideas
- Ideating & producing video & photo assets – working with production vendors when needed.
- Working on a series of production shoots
- Understand marketing initiatives, strategic positioning, and target audience
- Cooperate with the rest of the creative team across different types of media
- Take work from concept to final execution within deadlines
- Manage and delegate responsibilities to other designers and provide directions
- Lead creative presentations of approved work to clients/ team members when required.
- Stay on top of all trends, competitive work, and maintain best practices
- 6-8 years of art direction or lead design experience in a fast-paced environment making social first content
- Example of conceptual skills in portfolio
- Consistency of design aesthetic.
- Examples of digital-first thinking.
- You need to love the internet and creating in that space.
- Experience in influencer lead campaigns a plus
- Incorporate feedback and take/give direction well
- Has managed or lead a project from start to finish with junior employees
- Team player with strong communication and presentation skills
- Relevant education a must
- Experience with clients across multiple industries is an asset.
- Proficient use of InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, or other visual design and wire-framing tools
Viral Nation is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in our agency. Viral Nation welcomes applications from people with visible and non-visible disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruiting and selection process.