Creative Strategist, Business Development
- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Department: Business Development
In 2020, Viral Nation was voted the 4th fastest growing company in Canada. At Viral Nation, we embed brands in culture. We are not a typical ‘big agency’. We are a team of entrepreneurs, ex-global agency leaders and big talent agency recruiters who came together with a shared vision to do things differently.
We help brands find smarter ways to deliver better value to their communities by collaborating with the people who know them intimately, understand what they want, and create content that speaks directly to them. We move at the speed of culture and evolve quickly as needed. We continue to do this successfully for some of the world’s largest brands, including Facebook Oculus, Disney, DC Comics, TikTok and Tencent.
What’s in it for you:
- Work with some of the world’s most engaging brands
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- Flexible work schedule and summer hours
- Competitive salaries and 100% paid comprehensive health benefits plan
- Learn from an unrivalled leadership team with many years of agency experience
- Be yourself! Work with an agency that boasts above-average diversity statistics
- Dedicated programs to support your mental health and work-life harmony
- Partake in our calendar of team building and social events
Viral Nation is hiring a Business Development Creative Strategist who will be involved with top global clients with a core focus on the creative development of influencer and social marketing campaigns. This role will take ownership of strategic and creative ideation while partnering with our accounts, and sales teams to bring the strategic vision to life. The role will focus extensively on the development of creative strategies for RFPs for a wide range of clients globally.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the strategic & creative thinking for incoming RFPs and own the building of the story and deck for a presentation
- Provide real-time insights and data, and demonstrate a passion for developing social-driven creative ideas and strategies
- Working across departments, liaising between stakeholders and managing multiple deadlines and projects on tight timelines.
- Mentor and coach Associate Strategists when they are supporting on a given project
- Ensure a high quality of work and strategic output for all RFPs
- Work with the Senior Strategist and greater strategy team to develop integrated strategies & creative concepts for potential clients
- Take incoming RFPs and identify which of our services need to be leveraged and why.
- Be able to turn strategic thinking into tangible creative concepts for each RFP
- Manage all aspects of the proposal process for your project, coordinating between departments from sales to performance, PR and accounts, as required by the scope.
- Continuously look for areas of efficiencies within the team and department.
- Experience developing creative strategies, proposals, RFPs and pitches
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in digital, social media and creative marketing
- Experience managing multiple strategic campaigns and brands across internal teams, client teams, and partner agencies
- Experience managing team members and project management from end to end
- 1-2 years experience with influencer marketing
- Experience pertaining to social, strategic, influencer, creative, or other digital strategy campaigns
- Foundational knowledge when it comes to digital and social marketing, e-commerce and omnichannel integration as well as social media & influencer trends
- Be an excellent self-starter, with disciplined time management skills given short turn-around for high-quality client-facing outputs
- Strong grasp of research and translating insights into actionable campaign strategies & creative ideas
- Strong presentation building skills
- Strong writing, able to outline approach and tell a clear and compelling story
- Be a team player, able to work collaboratively within the team and across the agency
Viral Nation is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in our agency. Viral Nation welcomes applications from people with visible and non-visible disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruiting and selection process.