AR Accounting Technician
- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Department: Finance/Accounting
In 2020, Viral Nation was voted the 4th fastest growing company in Canada. At Viral Nation, we embed brands in culture. We are not a typical ‘big agency’. We are a team of entrepreneurs, ex-global agency leaders and big talent agency recruiters who came together with a shared vision to do things differently.
We help brands find smarter ways to deliver better value to their communities by collaborating with the people who know them intimately, understand what they want, and create content that speaks directly to them. We move at the speed of culture and evolve quickly as needed. We continue to do this successfully for some of the world’s largest brands, including Facebook Oculus, Disney, DC Comics, TikTok and Tencent.
What’s in it for you:
- Work with some of the world’s most engaging brands
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- Flexible work schedule and summer hours
- Competitive salaries and 100% paid comprehensive health benefits plan
- Learn from an unrivalled leadership team with many years of agency experience
- Be yourself! Work with an agency that boasts above-average diversity statistics
- Dedicated programs to support your mental health and work-life harmony
- Partake in our calendar of team building and social events
We seek a results-driven and confident accountant to join us as our accounts receivable accounting technician within our Finance & Accounting operations.
The position consists of securing revenues by verifying and posting sales contracts, invoices & receipts; resolving discrepancies, collection calls and applying credit notes.
The ideal candidate is well versed in Microsoft Business Central systems, job/project accounting, full-cycle customer sales invoice postings
The ideal candidate will also have a minimum of 3 years of direct accounting experience and ideally have worked within the media, marketing, communications, or entertainment sectors.
- Posting of invoices into the accounting system.
- Posts customer payments by recording cheques against customer detailed open invoices
- Maintains records by scan or downloading transactions and monitoring inbound email of customer queries
- Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales agents, or customers;
- Resolves collections by examining customer payment plans, payment history, credit line; coordinating contact with collections department.
- Summarizes receivables by maintaining invoice accounts; coordinating monthly transfer to accounts receivable account; verifying totals; preparing report.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- A graduate from a recognized post-secondary college or university accounting program
- Strong organization skills
- Data Entry Skills
- General Math Skills
- Financial Software Experience
- Analyzing Information
- Attention to Detail, Thoroughness,
- Reporting Research Results,
- Verbal Communication
Viral Nation is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in our agency. Viral Nation welcomes applications from people with visible and non-visible disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruiting and selection process.