- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Department: Finance/Accounting
In 2020, Viral Nation was voted the 4th fastest growing company in Canada. At Viral Nation, we embed brands in culture. We are not a typical ‘big agency’. We are a team of entrepreneurs, ex-global agency leaders and big talent agency recruiters who came together with a shared vision to do things differently.
We help brands find smarter ways to deliver better value to their communities by collaborating with the people who know them intimately, understand what they want, and create content that speaks directly to them. We move at the speed of culture and evolve quickly as needed. We continue to do this successfully for some of the world’s largest brands, including Facebook Oculus, Disney, DC Comics, TikTok and Tencent.
What’s in it for you:
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- Flexible work schedule and summer hours
- Competitive salaries and 100% paid comprehensive health benefits plan
- Learn from an unrivalled leadership team with many years of agency experience
- Be yourself! Work with an agency that boasts above-average diversity statistics
- Dedicated programs to support your mental health and work-life harmony
We seek a results-driven and confident Financial Controller to manage our accounting operations.
The controller position consists of managing the full cycle accounting processes, process and procedures, and monthly closing and reporting functions on the business unit’s performance.
The ideal candidate is well versed in Microsoft Business Central systems, job/project accounting, full-cycle accounting, and monthly closing and reporting functions. They will also have a minimum of 3 years of controllership experience and ideally have experience within the media, marketing, communications, or entertainment sectors.
- Planning, directing, and coordinating all full accounting cycle accounting functions
- Supervising employees performing financial reporting, accounting, billing, collections, payroll, budgeting duties, and tax compliance matters
- Managing the monthly reporting package, accumulation, and consolidation of all financial data
- Assessing current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement, and implementing new processes
- Evaluating the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database, as needed
- Evaluating accounting and internal control systems
- Coordinating and preparing internal and external financial statements
- Coordinating activities of external auditors.
- Providing management with information vital to the decision-making process
- Analytics derived reporting on the company’s performance relative to historical performance and budget targets
- Developing and monitoring business performance metrics
- Delegate authority for the receipt, disbursement, banking, protection, and custody of funds, securities, and financial instruments
- Ability to hire, train, and retain skilled accounting staff
- CPA, CMA, or CGMA
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant experience in managing accounting functions
- Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Experience working/implementing computers systems such as Microsoft Business Central, Navision, or Great Plains
- Advanced financial modelling and spreadsheet skills
- Ability to consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one
- Analytical mindset
- Auditing experience
- Familiarity with working with Microsoft and Google workflows and applications
- Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Analytical Thinking — Job requires analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
- Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
Viral Nation is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in our agency. Viral Nation welcomes applications from people with visible and non-visible disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruiting and selection process.