Senior Social Strategist
- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Creative & Content
In 2020, Viral Nation was voted the 4th fastest growing company in Canada. At Viral Nation, we embed brands in culture. We are not a typical ‘big agency’. We are a team of entrepreneurs, ex-global agency leaders and big talent agency recruiters who came together with a shared vision to do things differently.
We help brands find smarter ways to deliver better value to their communities by collaborating with the people who know them intimately, understand what they want, and create content that speaks directly to them. We move at the speed of culture and evolve quickly as needed. We continue to do this successfully for some of the world’s largest brands, including Facebook Oculus, Disney, DC Comics, TikTok and Tencent.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salaries and 100% paid comprehensive health benefits plan
- Learn from an unrivalled leadership team with many years of agency experience
- Be yourself! Work with an agency that boasts above-average diversity statistics
- Dedicated programs to support your mental health and work-life harmony
- Flexible work schedule and summer hours
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- Partake in our calendar of team building and social events
- Work with some of the world’s most engaging brands
- Reporting to the Head of Content & Social Strategy to lead social media campaign strategies and provide guidance and direction to Viral Nation and its client base.
- Participate in campaign development, deployment tactics, and proactive strategic social media planning.
- Work with key clients in the gaming and tech space to develop the organization's social voice and persona, provide social media consultation, and campaign-specific social strategies for organic and paid social.
- Writing is clear and succinct. Able to lead strategic discussions and provide clear recommendations and documents with minimal direction or supervision. Able to present internally and to clients with confidence and clarity
- Experience creating Social Media Playbooks and best practice social protocols.
- Identify gaps and opportunities in content plans for new & existing clients
- Work closely with pre-sales and Business Development to build social media strategies that help win new business
- Work with the performance team to develop paid social media strategies for existing clients
- Work with the Community Manager to facilitate posting and scheduling on Instagram, Tik Tok, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc. for a variety of Viral Nation social media clients
- Work in collaboration with the Content division to stay on top of social media trends, ecosystem changes, and best practices to optimize content strategies and educate the larger Viral Nation community.
- Ability to use Influsoft and Sprout Social, to measure growth and engagement for all social media projects and conduct social listening where necessary.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of professional experience with social media platforms - 3 of those working in a strategy capacity.
- Experience and a deep understanding using Instagram, Tik Tok, Facebook, LinkedIn, Youtube, and Twitter.
- Ability to write an informative brief that clearly and confidently articulates vision and process.
- Ability to translate direction from internal leadership and external clients into social media strategies and deliverables.
- Responsive and available to meet the demands of clients across multiple time zones.
- Proficiency with social media management and analytical tools including Sprout Social.
- Must have a university degree, or college diploma, in a relevant field such as marketing, business, public relations, communications, and/or have equivalent work experience.
- Must have professionally managed social media for brands.
- Experience growing brands on social media
Viral Nation is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in our agency. Viral Nation welcomes applications from people with visible and non-visible disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruiting and selection process.