Loan Originator Assistant - Leominster
- 114 Merriam Ave, Leominster, MA 01453, USA
Are you ready to join a dynamic team that helps you reach your potential while affording you time to enjoy all that life has to offer? If you are, then Village Mortgage culture and philosophy may be the right fit for your talents. We are a family-oriented business that offers flexible work schedules and understands the importance of work-life balance. We offer full benefits and advancement opportunities for those who excel. Our employees enjoy a friendly and fun work environment along with modern and comfortable office spaces utilizing the latest in technology. If you have a passion for going above and beyond borrower expectations and embrace forward-thinking solutions to help borrowers of varying incomes improve their lives through home ownership, we want to hear from you.
Village is looking for a Loan Originator Assistant for our Leominster, Massachusetts office branch.
A Loan Originator Assistant (LOA) works alongside designated loan officers in a productive environment. This position involves supporting a team in the loan origination process as well as performing daily administrative tasks. Tasks are completed with a deadline and proficiency.
• Perform specific tasks assigned by loan officer
• Ensure files move through processing and closing in a timely manner
• Establish appointments with clients
• Meet with clients to complete necessary documents
• Make copies of important documents
• Promptly respond to client questions and concerns
• Follow up with clients at all times, keeping them informed of the loan process
• Accurately obtain and review applicant’s credit history
• Systematically store and maintain client data and files
• Properly prepare files for submission to processing
• Daily illustration of excellent customer service skills with clients and applicants to ensure client retention
• Efficiently perform a variety of research duties in support of the branch
• Stay acquainted with assigned Loan Officer’s daily schedule
• Proficiently assist in the development of financial objectives in association with present data
• Flexible, Detail Oriented, Customer focus, Team working, Initiative, Problem solving, Organized, Self-motivated
• Adopt the Village culture of Professionalism, Integrity, Effectiveness and Dynamic attitude that contributes to an internal environment of teamwork and promotes a positive brand image to our external customers.
• Comply with Village procedures, policies and regulations relevant to this role. Undertake relevant training on Village policies and procedures as delivered by the line manager, the Human Resources department or compliance, risk, internal audit teams either directly or via Digital University.
• Computer skills: good working knowledge of MS Office
• Communicate effectively with others, both verbally and in writing
• Proven background in accurate, high volume daily environment
• Proven ability to manage time, meet deadlines and prioritize
• Maintain standards and professionalism during periods of fluctuating workloads
• Provide professional service to brokers/underwriters or other direct customers of Village Mortgage in all interactions.
• Maintain team standards through supporting other team members in the team or in related teams in achieving their service/quality levels and targets, as required.
• Build effective working relationships with other team members.
• Manage daily tasks to ensure business needs are consistently met.
Education and Qualifications
• High School Diploma required (or equivalent)
• Associate’s degree in a related field is preferred, but not required
• At least two years of experience in the lending field preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stoop as necessary. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
Village Mortgage continues to be a leader in mortgage lending, celebrating 20 years of helping people become homeowners. We offer innovative technologies, an expansive mortgage product line, competitive rates, and exemplary customer service that makes Village Mortgage New England's premiere choice for local mortgage lending. Village Mortgage has over 120 employees in 21 offices throughout Connecticut, Massachusetts and Maine, and is licensed in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine Nevada and Florida. Village Mortgage Company offers USDA, FHA, and VA mortgage financing, and is a direct seller and servicer for both Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
To learn more about Village Mortgage, visit https://villagemtg.com
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.