- Property Location: Preserve at Albertville & Beacon Ridge
Looking for a career in Multifamily housing? Village Green is growing in the Minneapolis market.
Founded in 1919, Village Green is a diverse, people-first organization that has contributed to its multi-year Great Places to Work, Top Workplaces, and Best Workplaces in Multifamily designations, to name a few. We believe the accomplishments of any company are those of its people. As a result, all our associates receive the tools, training, resources, and opportunity to excel and become leaders in the industry. A career with Village Green is a strong investment in your future. So why wait?
Our 100-year history makes us one of the oldest and most experienced management companies with room to grow within the rising apartment industry.
Salary: Up to $65k
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops a monthly marketing plan for the property in conjunction with Area Director. Establishes weekly leasing goals in order to achieve budgeted occupancy levels. Oversees outside marketing to major employers on a weekly basis. Maintains detailed knowledge of market and sub-market through networks established/maintained with significant competitors
- Recruits hires, train, evaluate and appropriately discipline all on-site employees. Conducts timely employee reviews and ensures adequate/appropriate staffing
- Schedules, coordinates, and supervises all staff/department activities. Approves and submit timesheets to payroll, including overtime and vacation schedules
- Maintains and enhances relations with prospects, residents, staff, and vendors
- Prepares and implements a property-operating budget. Maintains and controls property income in addition to expenses. Completes required reports, including weekly, monthly, quarterly leasing, variance, and capital reporting
- Performs monthly review and audit of financial prelims
- Oversees Accounts Receivable, ensuring rents and all other applicable fees are billed and collected. Ensures collection and demand notices are generated, delivered, and/or posted as local laws require. Initiates and oversees the eviction process working with the attorney if needed to ensure timeliness and desired results
- Endorses, posts, and makes bank deposits daily
- Negotiates develops and maintains all service and capital improvement contracts per company guidelines.
- Oversees all service and capital contracts for timeliness and workmanship. Maintains required certificates of insurance
- Oversees/completes computerized accounting functions for accuracy and timeliness. Including SODA refunds and interest payments
- Performs regular property inspections for cleanliness, curb appeal, and to ensure the property is free of hazards.
- Oversees the process of “turning over a unit” to make available for the next renter by conducting a pre-move-in inspection. Conducts move-out inspections and assesses charges if appropriate
- Develops and maintains preventative maintenance schedules
- Reviews/approves lease applications in accordance with Village Green leasing guidelines. Ensures that all leases are properly endorsed and accurate
- Adheres to established policies related to fair housing
- Communicates with co-workers, management, residents, vendors, and all outside contacts courteously and professionally.
- Maintains confidentiality of co-workers, management, owners, past and current residents, vendors, and all outside contacts
- Performs leasing and Assistant Manager duties during times of unfilled positions, if necessary; maintains a closing ratio of 40% or better on all traffic shown. Maintains an overall property-closing ratio of 40% or better. See Leasing Agent and Assistant Property Manager job descriptions for specific information.
- Plans organize, promotes, and implements resident functions with the staff.
- Generates Accident/Incident Reports in the event of an accident with a resident, guest, outside vendor, or employee. These reports cover theft, vandalism, property damage, personal injury, etc.
- Performs general office duties: answers the telephone, writes service requests, follows up on completed or pending service requests, files, monitors, and orders office supplies and printed material.
- Administers petty cash
- Performs all reasonable duties assigned by Area Director or corporate staff
- Holds daily Go meetings and weekly staff meetings
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Previous experience as a Property or Assistant Property Manager
- Good supervisory and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in an organized and efficient manner
- An excellent understanding of accounting practices and procedures
- Previous work experience with property management software RealPage and an understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel programs
- Developed salesmanship skills
- Must be team-oriented
- Ability to communicate effectively
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Our locations are drug-free and pre-employment drug tests are required. Background checks are also required before employment begins.