Property Manager / Tax Credit, Section 8
- 201 E Maumee St, Adrian, MI 49221, USA
- Property Location: Friendship Place Senior
Village Green is searching for enthusiastic individuals to join our team and be apart of our award-winning apartment communities. Do you have persuasive sales and marketing skills, excellent communication and negotiating abilities, and want to grow your career? Our 100-year history makes us one of the oldest and most experienced management companies with room to grow within the rising apartment industry.
The Property Manager oversees all facets of the Affordable Property(s) operations to achieve financial goals and ownership objectives while adhering to all Village Green policies, all applicable laws, and ordinances including Fair Housing and Equal Employment laws.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee and manage area directors of the Affordable Housing portfolio.
- Recruit, hire, train, evaluate and appropriately discipline all on-site employees. Conduct timely employee reviews and ensures adequate/appropriate staffing.
- Schedule, coordinate, and supervise all staff/department activities. Approves and submits timesheets to payroll including overtime and vacation schedules.
- Maintain and enhance relations with prospects, residents, staff, and vendors.
- Prepare and implement the property-operating budget. Maintain and control property income in addition to expenses. Completes required reports including housing assistance payments (HAP), enterprise income verifications (EIV) reports, special claim submissions, weekly/monthly VG, and capital reporting.
- Perform monthly review and audit of financial preliminary reports. As directed by ownership, submit Replacement Reserve Requests to Housing and Urban Development.
- Oversee accounts receivable ensuring rents and all other applicable fees are billed and collected. Ensure that collection and demand notices are generated, delivered, and/or posted as required by local laws. Initiate and oversee eviction process working with the attorney if needed to ensure timeliness and desired results.
- Endorse, post, and make bank deposits daily.
- Negotiate, develop and maintain all service and capital improvement contracts per company guidelines.
- Oversee all service and capital contracts for timeliness and workmanship. Maintains required certificates of insurance
- Oversee/complete computerized accounting functions for accuracy and timeliness, including Statement of Deposit Accounting (SODA) refunds and interest payments.
- Performs regular property inspections for cleanliness, curb appeal, and to ensure the property is free of hazards so the property is ready for REAC inspection.
- Oversees the process of “turning a unit” to make ready conditions by conducting a pre-move-in inspection. Conducts move-out inspections and assesses charges if appropriate.
- Prepare and submit Vacancy and Rent/Damages Special Claims on a monthly basis.
- Develop and maintain preventative maintenance schedules.
- Review move-in, interim and annual certification to ensure compliance with the affordable program (Project-Based Section 8, LIHTC MSHDA, and/or RAD.) Leases and addendums must be signed, dated, and in full compliance with the affordable program.
- Very knowledgeable with EIV requirements, complete annual security training, and timely generation of monthly and quarterly reports as per the EIV VG Use Policy & Procedures.
- Maintain all payroll needs for accurate wage payment.
- Adhere to established policies related to fair housing.
- Maintain confidentiality of co-workers, management, owners, past and current residents, vendors, and all outside contacts.
- Perform sales and Assistant Manager duties during times of unfilled positions, if necessary. (See Sales Consultant and Assistant Property Manager job descriptions for specific information.)
- If HUD allows this expense from the operating account, the Manager will plan, organize and implement resident functions.
- Generates Accident/Incident Reports per Village Green policy in the event of an incident with a resident, guest, outside vendor, or employee.
- Perform general office duties, including but not limited to: answers the telephone, writes service requests, follow-up on completed or pending service requests per Village Green policy, file organization, monitors, and orders office supplies and printed material..
- Properly use purchase orders, invoice processing, and accounts payable software per Village Green policy.
- Performs all reasonable duties assigned by Area Director or corporate staff.
- Holds daily Go Meetings. Host weekly staff meetings, as necessary. Maintains/organizes communication and submission, or records to third-party collection agency per policy.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Previous experience as an Affordable Property or Assistant Property Manager or successful completion of management geared Village Green development programs.
- Must possess excellent understanding of the Project-Based Section 8, Project-Based Section 8/202, Low Income Housing Tax Credit, and Rural Development Programs.
- Good supervisory and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in an organized and efficient manner.
- An excellent understanding of accounting practices and procedures.
- Previous work experience with property management software and an understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel programs.
- Developed salesmanship skills.
- Must be team-oriented.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Must have real estate license or obtain within 120 days of employment if required by state law.
- Must have Certified Occupancy Specialist COS or Assisted Housing Manager AHM and Tax Credit Specialist or obtain with 180 days of employment.
- Demonstrate the essential Professional Qualities.
- Demonstrate the essential Corporate Culture Profile; lead by example.
- Responsible for taking ongoing VG University classes
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. Our locations are drug-free and pre-employment drug tests are required. Background checks are also required before employment begins.