Assistant Property Manager
- 6212 Crow Ln, Austin, TX 78745, USA
- Property Location: RETREAT AT NORTH BLUFF
VILLAGE GREEN...LIFESTYLES FOR RENT....CAREERS TO OWN!
We're not just developing, building and managing apartment communities, we're developing, building and managing exciting careers...and creating a new generation of leaders!
The Assistant Manager assists the Property Manager with activities involved in the successful day-to-day operation of the community with strong emphasis on accounts receivable and leasing.
- Determines the new interest rate annually and revises the security deposit interest forms
- Establishes and maintain good relations with residents, prospective residents, vendors, and co-workers
- Maintains controls over Accounts Receivables. Maintains Village Green’s targeted delinquency goal of less than .005% of annual GPI. Applies payments to resident ledgers; make daily bank deposits; follow-up with telephone calls and/or collection or demand notices (letters) to ensure prompt payment by residents; creates and delivers NSF notification letters; adjusts/corrects resident ledgers; inputs concessions; updates lease information/changes; etc.
- Maintains current and complete property management software information. Inputs daily activities such as move-ins and move-outs, notices to vacate, resident transfers, lease renewals, lease changes, household and occupant demographics, search tag information, application approval/rejections, cancellations, etc.
- Administers the lease renewal program.
- Generates and delivers general correspondence to residents, vendors, and prospective residents such as lease violations, certificates of insurance updates, application rejection letters, etc.
- Inspects condition of move-outs in a timely manner in order to document charges prior to reconciling security deposits
- Maintains collection policy for residents who moved out with a balance on their account.
- Assists in monitoring property condition; report concerns/liabilities to property manager/maintenance supervisor
- Adheres to established policies related to fair housing
- Performs general office duties: answers the telephone; writes service requests, newsletters, files, monitors and orders office supplies and printed materials, etc.
- Performs, when asked, property manager duties in absence of Property Manager
- 4 year degree preferred
- Previous experience in Property Management a must
- Previous supervisory skills required
- Requires good computer skills with emphasis on Microsoft Word and property management software, and prefer some experience in Excel
- Must have real estate license or obtain within 120 days of employment if required by state law
- Good organizational skills
- A basic understanding of accounting principles and office administration
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Must be team-oriented
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Our locations are drug-free and pre-employment drug tests and physicals are required. Background checks are also required before employment begins.