Construction Project Engineer/Admin
- 188 W Randolph St, Chicago, IL 60601, USA
- Property Location: ALBION RESIDENTIAL
Albion Residential offers a unique environment that empowers our team to exceed residents' expectations and make a distinct difference in people's lives. Our ideal candidate will be engaged, authentic, and prepared to create a "best in class" apartment community!
The Project Engineer is responsible for development projects throughout the entire cycle from initial concept through successful completion. To finish assigned construction projects in accordance with Village Green specifications and within schedule and budget limitations, coordinating activities of construction supervisory and self-perform teams, contractors, and vendors.
- Perform quantity takeoffs and pricing for purchasing and change orders.
- Assist in purchasing/buyout of all subcontracts and materials within project budget guidelines
- Assist Project Manager in preparation of monthly billings, cost reports, material status reports, progress reports, etc.
- Assist in review and approval of all shop drawings and submittals.
- Manage and update all project construction documents, including plans, specifications, schedules and reports.
- Expedite delivery of Subcontractor and vendor materials and equipment in order to facilitate the construction schedule.
- Assist in conducting of weekly / bi-weekly job meeting.
- Review and approve subcontractor and vendor invoices.
- Assist in supervising architects and engineers in the preparation of submission of drawings, material samples and approval of said documents.
- Assist in supervision of Superintendent to ensure all policies, procedures, plans and specifications are adhered to.
- Monitor job progress and quality control.
- College education, Bachelors in Construction Management or equivalent preferred
- Must have at least 3 years previous experience
- Travel 25-50%
- MS Project and XL proficiency required. Experience with On Screen Take-Off and Timberline preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. Our locations are drug-free and pre-employment drug tests are required. Background checks are also required before employment begins.