- 188 W Randolph St, Chicago, IL 60601, USA
- Property Location: ALBION RESIDENTIAL
Albion Residential offers a unique environment that empowers our team to exceed residents' expectations and make a distinct difference in people's lives. Our ideal candidate will be engaged, authentic, and prepared to create a "best in class" apartment community!
The Construction Accountant will provide administrative, project tracking and project accounting support to the construction team for apartment projects under construction. Working independently, with minimal supervision, the coordinator shall take action as required by the duties and responsibilities given to them.
- Total Cost Accounting Function relating to each Project from inception including project budgets, change orders, subcontractor commitments and related documents.
- Responsible for all incoming and outgoing correspondence, meeting minutes & transmittal
- Manages the invoice and payment processing for all projects, including monthly pay applications including subcontractor waivers
- Ongoing review of invoices relating to contracts and subcontractor change orders.
- Submittal of Owner Change Request documents.
- Intercompany Billings
- Ordering of architectural drawings when requested
- Participates in the preparation and periodic maintenance of reports, spreadsheets and other documents utilized to track projects
- Effectively identifies problems as they occur and takes appropriate steps to solve them
- Set-up file network for new projects and maintains all associated files
- Organizes closeout documents such as Submittals, O & M’s, RFI’s, Warranties, etc
- Obtain updated insurance information from consultants & contractors upon expirations
- Maintain all permits, inspection certificates and certificates of occupancy for each project
- Maintain and update consultant & contractor lists
- Interacts with owner’s representatives, property managers and accounting departments
- Assist in creating and coordinating project schedules and maintaining the process for project team adherence and accountability to timelines
- Key liaison for national account management and procurement projects.
- Other duties as assigned
- College degree in Accounting with a minimum 5 years of work experience in construction accounting role.
- Proficient in MS Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, Project & PowerPoint), and maintain excellent computer skills
- Sage 300 or equivalent Job Costing Software
- Team-oriented and can perform with limited supervision.
- Strong understanding of construction terminology
- Knowledge of sustainable building techniques preferred
- Ability to perform multiple tasks, demonstrate adaptability by often changing assignments on short notice
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. Our locations are drug-free and pre-employment drug tests are required. Background checks are also required before employment begins.