Assistant Manager / Occupancy Specialist
- 188 W Randolph St, Chicago, IL 60601, USA
- Property Location: Randolph Tower City Apartments
Village Green is searching for enthusiastic individuals to join our team and be apart of our award-winning apartment communities. Do you have persuasive sales and marketing skills, excellent communication and negotiating abilities, and want to grow your career? Our 100-year history makes us one of the oldest and most experienced management companies with room to grow within the rising apartment industry.
The Assistant Manager / Occupancy Specialist is responsible for assisting the Property Manager with all Section 8 and/or Low Income Housing Tax Credit (Section 42) reporting requirements.
• Requires knowledge of Microsoft Word, some experience with Excel and property management software preferred. • A basic understanding of accounting principles and ability to communicate effectively. • Good organizational skills and must be customer service and team oriented. • At Project Based Section 8 properties, must have Certified Occupancy Specialist (COS) or Assisted Housing Manager (AHM) designation or obtain within 180 days of employment. At Low Income Housing Tax Credit (Section 42) properties, must have Tax Credit Specialist (TCS) designation or obtain within 180 days of employment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Process all new tenant move in paperwork as required by Tenant Selection Plan, Section 8 and/or Section 42.
• Prepare Lease & Lease Addendums, 50059 and/or Tenant Income Certification (TIC) as per the 3rd party verifications. Make sure all documents are signed and dated by both management and resident.
• Prior to move in, inspect the apartment to make sure the unit is market-ready and no repairs are needed.
• Day of move in, complete move-in inspection with new resident. (If repairs needed, prepare work orders and follow up to make sure work completed.)
• Place all signed and completed annual recertification forms in resident file as per the Section 8 and/or LIHTC checklist.
• Monitor waiting list per Tenant Selection Plan; this is completed in software program (i.e., Yardi, Boston Post, etc.)
• Schedules annual apartment inspections, send notices to residents and perform annual apartment inspection using HUD-approved form.
• Schedule Annual Tenant Recertification appointments, meet with tenants to verify income, assets, expenses and allowances per Section 8 and/or Section 42 guidelines.
• Purge resident’s file as needed per VG File Retention Policy.
• Perform Move-In and Move-Out Inspections.
• Become knowledgeable with EIV requirements, complete annual security training, and learn to generate monthly and quarterly reports as per the EIV VG Use Policy & Procedures.
• Prepare Housing Assistance Payment (HAP) paperwork.
• Be proficient in the Tenant Rental Assistance Certification System (TRACS) and know steps necessary to make corrections in system.
• Prepare and submit special claims.
• Adheres to established policies related to fair housing.
• Communicate with co-workers, management, residents, vendors, and all outside contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. Our locations are drug-free and pre-employment drug tests are required. Background checks are also required before employment begins.