- 188 W Randolph St, Chicago, IL 60601, USA
- Property Location: Chicago
Albion Residential is focused on the acquisition, development and operation of Midwestern urban, luxury rental apartments.
Do you like project tracking, and project management? Are you a dynamic personality that can be part of a strong team? Become part of our award-winning team! We're not just developing, building and acquiring apartment communities, we're developing, building and leading exciting careers! The Construction Coordinator will provide administrative, project tracking and project accounting support to the construction team for apartment projects under construction.
· Responsible for all incoming and outgoing correspondence, meeting minutes & transmittals
· Manages the invoice and payment processing for all projects, including monthly pay applications
· Assist with preparing consultant contracts, amendments if necessary and tracking invoices
· Ordering of architectural drawings when requested
· Participates in the preparation and periodic maintenance of reports, spreadsheets and other documents utilized to track projects
· Effectively identifies problems as they occur and takes appropriate steps to solve them
· Set-up file network for new projects and maintains all associated files
· Organizes close out documents such as Submittals, O & M’s, RFI’s, Warranties etc
· Obtain updated insurance information from consultants & contractors upon expirations
· Maintain all permits, inspection certificates and certificates of occupancy for each project
· Maintain and update consultant & contractor lists
· Interacts with owner’s representatives, property managers and accounting departments
· Assist in creating and coordinating project schedules and maintaining the process for project team adherence and accountability to timelines
· Organizes meetings with applicable attendees and agendas
· Key liaison for national account management and procurement projects.
· Other duties as assigned
· High school diploma required; college degree preferred with a minimum 5 years of work experience as a construction administrative assistant
· Proficient in MS Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, Project & PowerPoint), and maintain excellent computer skills
· Sage 300 or equivalent Job Costing Software
· Team oriented and can perform with limited supervision.
· Strong understanding of construction terminology
· General ability to read and understand architectural drawings
· Knowledge of sustainable building techniques preferred
· Ability to perform multiple tasks, demonstrate adaptability by often changing assignments on short notice
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. Our locations are drug-free and pre-employment drug tests are required. Background checks are also required before employment begins.