- 3050 Birch Hollow Dr, Ann Arbor, MI 48108, USA
- Property Location: Mill Creek Townhomes
Village Green was recently named one of the Detroit Free Press' Top Work Places for 2018!
Be part of our award winning team!
We're not just developing, building and managing apartment communities, we're developing, building and managing exciting careers...and creating a new generation of leaders!
The Assistant Manager assists the Property Manager with activities involved in the successful day-to-day operation of the community with strong emphasis on accounts receivable and leasing.
• Determines the new interest rate annually and revises the security deposit interest forms
• Establishes and maintain good relations with residents, prospective residents, vendors, and co-workers
• Maintains controls over Accounts Receivables. Maintains Village Green’s targeted delinquency goal of less than .005% of annual GPI. Applies payments to resident ledgers; make daily bank deposits; follow-up with telephone calls and/or collection or demand notices (letters) to insure prompt payment by residents; creates and delivers NSF notification letters; adjusts/corrects resident ledgers; inputs concessions; updates lease information/changes; etc.
• Maintains current and complete property management software information. Inputs daily activities such as move-ins and move-outs, notices to vacate, resident transfers, lease renewals, lease changes, household and occupant demographics, search tag information, application approval/rejections, cancellations, etc.
• Administers the lease renewal program.
• Generates and delivers general correspondence to residents, vendors, and prospective residents such as, lease violations, certificates of insurance updates, application rejection letters, etc.
• Inspects condition of move-outs in a timely manner in order to document charges prior to reconciling security deposits
• Maintains collection policy for residents who moved out with a balance on their account.
• Assists in monitoring property condition; report concerns/liabilities to property manager/maintenance supervisor
• Adheres to established policies related to fair housing
• Performs general office duties: answers the telephone; writes service requests, newsletters, files, monitors and orders office supplies and printed materials, etc.
• Performs, when asked, property manager duties in absence of Property Manager
• 4 year degree preferred
• Previous experience in Property Management a must
• Previous supervisory skills required
• Requires good computer skills with emphasis on Microsoft Word and property management software, and prefer some experience in Excel
• Must have real estate license or obtain within 120 days of employment if required by state law
• Good organizational skills
• A basic understanding of accounting principles and office administration
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Must be team oriented
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Our locations are drug-free and pre-employment drug tests and physicals are required. Background checks are also required before employment begins.