Maintenance Technician (mid-level)
- 2200 Buckingham Dr NW, Cedar Rapids, IA 52405, USA
- Property Location: Windsor of The River
VILLAGE GREEN...LIFESTYLES FOR RENT....CAREERS TO OWN!
We're not just developing, building and managing apartment communities, we're developing, building and managing exciting careers...and creating a new generation of leaders!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains and cares for equipment as may be necessary for its continuous operation. Completes emergency repairs as may be required to prevent damage or deterioration
- Maintains an adequate inventory supply level while ensuring service shop is clean and organized
- Adheres to established policies related to fair housing
- Maintains confidentiality of co-workers, management, owners, past and current residents, vendors, and all outside contacts
- Assists Tech 1, Tech 2, Tech 3, and Groundskeeper in the maintenance/cleanliness of the common areas.
- Follows the Preventive Maintenance Program guidelines by helping to perform an inspection on each apartment at least two (2) times per year and performing routine preventive maintenance of common areas per schedule
- Minimum 1-3 years experience as a maintenance technician
- Must have the availability to work a flexible schedule any day of the week, including being “on-call”
- The ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with residents, supervisors, other staff and vendors
- Previous plumbing, electrical, mechanical, drywall repairs, carpentry, and pool/spa maintenance experience
- HVAC knowledge and EPA certification is a plus
- Must be able to read service requests and then communicate, in writing, the work that was completed in the unit
- Previous hotel, commercial and/or apartment maintenance experience preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. Our locations are drug-free and pre-employment drug tests and physicals are required. Background checks are also required before employment begins.