Engineering Designer - Land Development
Vilbig and Associates, PLLC (VA) is a professional services firm specializing in the design and delivery of consulting civil engineering, land planning, construction management and surveying services. We serve our clients in the north Texas area and surrounding states for both the public and private sectors. Our corporate office is located in Denison, Grayson County, Texas. Our second office is located in Plano, Collin County, Texas. We are well-positioned to serve clients throughout the Dallas and Fort Worth metroplex. Our history of design and delivery excellence has spanned more than 39 years.
We are continuing the Vilbig tradition of building our communities while serving our clients, profession and country since 1886.
- The primary role of the Engineering Designer - Land Development is to develop complex engineering drawings and be able to prepare designs and estimates from general instruction and/or preliminary sketches, diagrams or schematics, under minimal supervision
- In addition, the role may recommend modifications and changes for design improvement and prepare working drawings from conceptual layouts to detailed finished products
- Coordinate projects with other team members, and prepare/assemble project deliverables, as well as, develop basic to mid-level designs/layouts, and prepare basic design calculations
- This position requires effective time management and the ability to work well within a team of designers and engineers and potentially provide technical guidance to less experienced design staff
- Civil Engineering Technology or similar two-year degree preferred. Minimum high school diploma required.
- 5+ years Land development experience a plus
- Land surveying knowledge, familiarity with blueprints
- Ability to learn new processes and procedures
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D required.
- Excellent analytical and math skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Teams, Excel & Word.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.