Manager - General Ledger (GL) Accounting (2 years fixed-term maternity cover with potential extension)
- Budapest, Bocskai út 134-146, 1113 Hungary
ViacomCBS is home to the leading portfolio of global, multi-platform entertainment brands, including Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, MTV and Paramount Channel among others. Additionally, we provide brand and content licensing, sales, digital, mobile and streaming distribution rights and other services and solutions for our partners.
In our offices located all over the world, we all share the passion for bringing the best of multimedia entertainment in all its forms, on multiple platforms, to kids, youth and families, for diverse tastes, with local flavors. Through television, film, digital content, live events, merchandise, studio production and more, we connect with billions of people in nearly every country in the world.
Our Budapest shared service center supports the worldwide financial and accounting operation of VIACOMCBS and reports to the New York HQ.
The Manager, General Ledger Accounting is responsible to deliver timely and high quality accounting services on SG&A (Selling, General & Administrative) Expense Accounting. Key components of the role include month end closing, financial reporting, account reconciliations and audit support (external audit, SOX compliance) The role reports to the Vice President, General Ledger Accounting, International Reporting & Intercompany and requires business partnering with local Finance Directors, Hub Controllers and other GBS functions (FP&A, PTP, Intercompany, Reporting COE, Statutory Accounting, Master Data).
- Manage the month/quarter/year end closing activities for the assigned area within the General Ledger Accounting department,
- Partner with the in-country finance teams, headquarters and other GBS functions to ensure that all the deliverables are performed as per the Service Level Agreement, support internal customers and stakeholders in case of ad-hoc queries
- Initiate and lead process improvements (standardization, automation, etc.) to unlock efficiency gains
- Contribute to the financial reporting process
- Ensure that all relevant key controls are in place and functioning properly in accordance with internal policies and procedures and Sarbanes Oxley rules and regulations.
- Work with external auditors during quarterly and annual reviews/audits by preparing information requests and addressing inquiries.
- Actively participate in finance and accounting related projects, demonstrate process improvement mindset and make all necessary efforts to standardize, harmonize and automate procedures
- Supervise, coach and mentor a team of 7-10 professionals
- Support the Vice President, General Ledger Accounting, International Reporting & Intercompany with inputs for additional service potentials that can develop GBS’s business
- BSC/ MSC degree in Accounting/ Finance
- 6+ years of relevant Accounting/ Finance experience gained at corporate sector, shared services, or as external auditor
- English (C1), excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Well organized with strength in prioritizing
- Flexible attitude to achieve results
- Qualified Accountant or equivalent (ACCA, CIMA, CPA)
- Experience working with a general ledger (SAP) and financial reporting systems
- people management experience
We believe you will enjoy working with us because:
- we are a part of an exciting sector, a dynamic and highly inclusive multinational and multicultural entertainment company
- we have an award-winning office with a unique and supportive working environment (currently limited office visit possibility in line with our healthy & safety guidelines)
- we have complex tasks with real added value, get support from the senior leaders but also get space to work independently and also for teamwork
- we have individual professional learning track with several optional self-development platforms
- we have the possibility to join Employee Resource Groups and social communities
- we have access to several well-being support tools like Ginger, Headspace, Thrive apps + Employee Assistance Program
- we have cafeteria, car sharing and All You Can Move sportpass registration possibility
Please, provide us with your CV in English with the followings: name and surname, your phone number and e-mail address you wish us to use during the recruitment process, education, professional qualifications, professional experience (i.e. employment history).
„ By applying for this role I hereby state that I read and understood Viacom’s recruitment related privacy notice („Notice”, https://www.viacom.com/recruitment-privacy-notice-eea-switzerland ) and that I accept the Notice’s conditions. I hereby give my consent for Viacom to process my above indicated personal data (name, telephone number, e-mail address, etc.) and the additional personal data that may be included in my CV and cover or motivation letter in the course of the recruitment related procedure for the purposes set forth in the Notice (primarily the evaluation of the applications submitted for the respective job advertisements).”