Director, Content and Marketing Finance
- Bocskai út 134-146. Dorottya udvar (building "B"), Budapest, Hungary
ViacomCBS is home to the leading portfolio of global, multi-platform entertainment brands, including Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, MTV and Paramount Channel among others. Additionally, we provide brand and content licensing, sales, digital, mobile and streaming distribution rights and other services and solutions for our partners.
In our offices around the world we all share the passion for bringing the best of multimedia entertainment in all its forms, on multiple platforms, to kids, youth and families, for diverse tastes, with local flavors. Through television, film, digital content, live events, merchandise, studio production and more, we connect with billions of people in nearly every country in the world.
The Director of Content and Marketing Finance will lead the oversight of expense and cash management as it relates to programming, production and marketing across all brands and all markets for ViacomCBS Networks International (VCNI). This includes the development and on-going enhancement of financial forecasting, planning and budgeting systems and processes. The position holder works closely with the VP of Programming Finance and other senior commercial and finance leaders across the VCNI clusters, regions and support teams. The Director is a strategic minded financial leader who uses strong project management skills, effective communication and a hands-on approach to drive operational improvements and build a best in class team.
Reporting to the VP of Programming Finance for VCBS, and working closely with VCNI senior leadership, the position holder will:
- Manage a team of 7-10 people,
- Develop open communication and productive relationships with senior leadership, local finance, local brand teams, and business support teams,
- Support the VP of Content & Marketing Finance in designing and implementing best practices, integrating relevant processes and developing a world class organization,
- Bring a collaborative and entrepreneurial hands-on approach to the Content & Marketing Finance Team,
- Work in collaboration with teams across the business to develop and enhance the international group’s tools, processes and policies,
- Act as a stand-in for any team member to cover expected and/or unexpected leave of absence,
- Coach, mentor, and develop employees, including onboarding new employees and providing career development planning and opportunities,
- Foster a workplace culture centered around the VCBS Values; Optimism and Determination, Inclusivity & Collaboration, Agility & Adaptability.
- Produce detailed expense and cash analysis to support decision making, particularly as it relates to content and marketing investment decisions,
- Build upon and improve current data analytics and visualization capabilities to distill insightful narratives (e.g. dashboards),
- Develop and build standard reports and tools, ultimately driving for consistency for all financial reporting,
- Promote a strong sense of urgency and appropriate level of support for deliverables,
- Partner with all members of the Content & Marketing Finance Team to ensure reporting deadlines are met and data is being updated in a timely and accurate manner,
- Collaborate with the SVP and VP of Content & Marketing Finance in developing KPIs to measure content investment performance,
- Partner with Controllership, other Finance teams and HR.
- Undertake and manage special / ad-hoc projects as required.
- Bachelor’s degree required, a focus in Accounting, Finance, or related area preferred,
- CPA, CIMA or equivalent designation preferred,
- 10+ years of FP&A and/or financial experience required, of which 3+ years demonstrated leadership role / people management.
- Knowledge of US GAAP, IFRS or equivalent financial and accounting principles,
- Highly analytical, able to synthesize data and provide insightful narratives,
- Strong project management, organizational skills, attention to detail and work ethic,
- Continuous improvement mindset with ability to motivate others,
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills, able to convey information to a variety of internal and external audiences,
- Proactive self-starter, phenomenal teammate and leader with ability to learn quickly, be flexible and adapt to changing industry and organizational landscape,
- Strong customer service mindset willing to go the extra mile to help stakeholders achieve their priorities,
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel; Experience with SAP, Longview and/or Tableau are a plus,
- Demonstrated leadership skills with a strong focus on team building and wellbeing,
- Interest in and passion for media and technology.
We believe you will enjoy working with us because:
- We are a part of an exciting sector, a dynamic and highly inclusive multinational and multicultural entertainment company,
- We have an award-winning office with a unique and supportive working environment (currently limited office visit possibility in line with our healthy & safety guidelines),
- We provide you with opportunity to Work from Home,
- We have complex tasks with real added value, get support from the senior leaders but also get space to work independently and also for teamwork,
- We have individual professional learning track with several optional self-development platforms,
- We have the possibility to join Employee Resource Groups and social communities,
- We have access to several well-being support tools like Ginger, Headspace, Thrive apps + Employee Assistance Program,
- We have cafeteria, car sharing and All You Can Move sportpass registration possibility.
Please, provide us with your CV in English with the followings: name and surname, your phone number and e-mail address you wish us to use during the recruitment process, education, professional qualifications, professional experience (i.e. employment history).
„ By applying for this role I hereby state that I read and understood Viacom’s recruitment related privacy notice („Notice”, https://www.viacom.com/recruitment-privacy-notice-eea-switzerland ) and that I accept the Notice’s conditions. I hereby give my consent for Viacom to process my above indicated personal data (name, telephone number, e-mail address, etc.) and the additional personal data that may be included in my CV and cover or motivation letter in the course of the recruitment related procedure for the purposes set forth in the Notice (primarily the evaluation of the applications submitted for the respective job advertisements).”