Manager - Content Licensing Finance – (12-month fixed-term with possible extension)
- Bocskai út 134-146. Dorottya udvar (building "B"), Budapest, Hungary
ViacomCBS is home to the leading portfolio of global, multi-platform entertainment brands, including Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, MTV and Paramount Channel among others. Additionally, we provide brand and content licensing, sales, digital, mobile and streaming distribution rights and other services and solutions for our partners.
In our offices around the world we all share the passion for bringing the best of multimedia entertainment in all its forms, on multiple platforms, to kids, youth and families, for diverse tastes, with local flavors. Through television, film, digital content, live events, merchandise, studio production and more, we connect with billions of people in nearly every country in the world.
The Manager of Content Licensing Finance will lead the oversight of revenue and participations management of the Content Sales, Studio, Download to Own & Applications, Brand Licensing and Games businesses across all brands for a large segment of ViacomCBS Networks International’s (VCNI) business. This includes the development and on-going enhancement of financial forecasting, planning and budgeting systems and processes. You will also collaborate with Content Licensing (CL) Teams across the business through the provision of P&L analysis and financial insights to drive business results.
People management is not part of the role.
- Assist with the preparation of the Long Range Plan, Annual Operating Plan, Quarterly Outlook and Monthly Financial Reviews for CL in collaboration with business partners and Finance colleagues aligned with the Company’s fiscal calendar.
- Establish efficient and effective financial operations; processing P&R costs and revenue, budgets, estimates per channel. Reporting variances and cause of change to business partners and leaders.
- Analyse revenue trends and partner with management as to any risks or opportunities vs forecasted revenues, providing business performance insights
- Support management in the appraisal of new commercial initiatives that arise.
- Build relationships and partner on decision support for strategic opportunity identification
- Build world-class financial and operating processes
- Plan for productivity and pursue effectiveness and efficiency
- Provide and respond to various ad hoc analysis, reports and information requests.
- Bachelor’s degree required, with a focus in Accounting, Finance, or related area preferred
- 5+ years of FP&A and/or accounting experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to convey information to a variety of internal audiences
- Proactive self-starter, phenomenal teammate, ability to learn quickly, be flexible and adapt to changing industry and organizational landscape
- Experience with SAP and/or Longview are a plus
- 2+ years of Content Licensing revenue experience is a plus
- CPA, CIMA or equivalent designation a plus
- Knowledge of US GAAP, IFRS or equivalent financial and accounting principles
- Highly analytical, able to synthesize data and provide insightful narratives
- Strong project management, organizational skills, attention to detail and work ethic
- Strong customer service mindset willing to go the extra mile to help stakeholders achieve their priorities
- Interest in and passion for media and technology
We believe you will enjoy working with us because:
- We are enthusiastic about our job,
- You can work in a multicultural environment with a great team,
- You can be part of an exciting sector,
- You will get space to work independently, still with the support of senior leaders,
- Unique and friendly atmosphere,
- Team building events.
And some extras:
- Award-winning office,
- Open, inclusive community,
- Massage chair,
- Fruit days,
- Viacom Pub and other regular events (Spark, Spark Life, Viacommunity Day, etc.),
- Opportunity to participate on sneak previews,
- Opportunity to visit taping of locally produced tv-shows.
Please, provide us with your CV in English with the followings: name and surname, your phone number and e-mail address you wish us to use during the recruitment process, education, professional qualifications, professional experience (i.e. employment history).
„ By applying for this role I hereby state that I read and understood Viacom’s recruitment related privacy notice („Notice”, https://www.viacom.com/recruitment-privacy-notice-eea-switzerland ) and that I accept the Notice’s conditions. I hereby give my consent for Viacom to process my above indicated personal data (name, telephone number, e-mail address, etc.) and the additional personal data that may be included in my CV and cover or motivation letter in the course of the recruitment related procedure for the purposes set forth in the Notice (primarily the evaluation of the applications submitted for the respective job advertisements).”