Manager - General Ledger (GL) Accounting (2 years fixed-term maternity cover with possible extension)
- Bocskai út 134-146. Dorottya udvar (building "B"), Budapest, Hungary
ViacomCBS is home to the leading portfolio of global, multi-platform entertainment brands, including Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, MTV and Paramount Channel among others. Additionally, we provide brand and content licensing, sales, digital, mobile and streaming distribution rights and other services and solutions for our partners.
In our offices around the world we all share the passion for bringing the best of multimedia entertainment in all its forms, on multiple platforms, to kids, youth and families, for diverse tastes, with local flavors. Through television, film, digital content, live events, merchandise, studio production and more, we connect with billions of people in nearly every country in the world.
The Manager, General Ledger Accounting is responsible to deliver timely and high quality accounting services on Payroll Accounting and oversight of the account reconciliations of corporate card and production card accounts. Key components of the role include month end closing, financial reporting, account reconciliations and audit support (external audit, SOX compliance) The role reports to the Vice President, General Ledger Accounting, International Reporting & Intercompany and requires business partnering with local Finance Directors, Hub Controllers and other GBS functions (FP&A, T&E, Intercompany, Reporting COE, Statutory Accounting, Master Data).
- Manage the month/quarter/year end closing activities for the assigned area within the General Ledger Accounting department,
- Partner with the in-country finance teams, headquarters and other GBS functions to ensure that all the deliverables are performed as per the Service Level Agreement, support internal customers and stakeholders in case of ad-hoc queries
- Initiate and lead process improvements (standardization, automation, etc.) to unlock efficiency gains
- Contribute to the financial reporting process
- Ensure that all relevant key controls are in place and functioning properly in accordance with internal policies and procedures and Sarbanes Oxley rules and regulations.
- Work with external auditors during quarterly and annual reviews/audits by preparing information requests and addressing inquiries.
- Actively participate in finance and accounting related projects, demonstrate process improvement mindset and make all necessary efforts to standardize, harmonize and automate procedures
- Supervise, coach and mentor a team of 5-10 professionals
- Support the Vice President, General Ledger Accounting, International Reporting & Intercompany with inputs for additional service potentials that can develop GBS’s business
- BSC/ MSC degree in Accounting/ Finance
- 5+ years of relevant Accounting/ Finance experience gained at corporate sector, shared services, or as external auditor
- English (C1), excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Well organized with strength in prioritizing
- Flexible attitude to achieve results
- Qualified Accountant or equivalent (ACCA, CIMA, CPA)
- Experience working with a general ledger (SAP) and financial reporting systems
- Positive outlook and ambition to progress within the organization
- Driven by a challenge
We believe you will enjoy working with us because:
- We are enthusiastic about our job,
- You can work in a multicultural environment with a great team,
- You can be part of an exciting sector,
- You will get space to work independently, still with the support of senior leaders,
- Unique and friendly atmosphere,
- Team building events.
And some extras:
- Award-winning office,
- Open, inclusive community,
- Massage chair,
- Fruit days,
- Viacom Pub and other regular events (Spark, Spark Life, Viacommunity Day, etc.),
- Opportunity to participate on sneak previews,
- Opportunity to visit taping of locally produced tv-shows.
Please, provide us with your CV in English with the followings: name and surname, your phone number and e-mail address you wish us to use during the recruitment process, education, professional qualifications, professional experience (i.e. employment history).
„ By applying for this role I hereby state that I read and understood Viacom’s recruitment related privacy notice („Notice”, https://www.viacom.com/recruitment-privacy-notice-eea-switzerland ) and that I accept the Notice’s conditions. I hereby give my consent for Viacom to process my above indicated personal data (name, telephone number, e-mail address, etc.) and the additional personal data that may be included in my CV and cover or motivation letter in the course of the recruitment related procedure for the purposes set forth in the Notice (primarily the evaluation of the applications submitted for the respective job advertisements).”