Director - Affiliate Finance
- Bocskai út 134-146. Dorottya udvar (building "B"), Budapest, Hungary
ViacomCBS is home to the leading portfolio of global, multi-platform entertainment brands, including Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, MTV and Paramount Channel among others. Additionally, we provide brand and content licensing, sales, digital, mobile and streaming distribution rights and other services and solutions for our partners across 17 countries.
In our offices located in Berlin, Budapest, Warsaw and Prague, we all share the passion for bringing the best of multimedia entertainment in all its forms, on multiple platforms, to kids, youth and families, for diverse tastes, with local flavors. Through television, film, digital content, live events, merchandise, studio production and more, we connect with billions of people in nearly every country in the world.
The Director of Affiliate Finance will partner and provide support to financial and business colleagues to evaluate, budget and manage the financial discipline for VCNI’s Affiliate business. The Director will help to build the budget and forecasts, ensuring the accuracy of reported actual revenue, and reporting on variance analysis to both Business and Financial leaders. The Director will support Affiliate team through the provision of P&L analysis and financial insights. The Director will work with stakeholders across the business to develop, interpret and implement financial and strategic planning, budgeting, and forecasting to drive business results.
- Lead the preparation of the Long Range Plan, Annual Operating Plan, Quarterly Outlook and Monthly Financial Reviews for Affiliate in collaboration with business partners and Finance colleagues aligned with the Company’s fiscal calendar. Plans must align to corporate deliverables and timeline, be accurate and tied to financial strategic targets
- Establish efficient and effective financial operations; processing Affiliate costs and revenue, budgets, estimates per channel. Reporting variances and cause of change to business partners and leaders
- Analyse revenue trends and update management as to any risks or opportunities vs forecasted revenues
- Support management in the appraisal of new commercial initiatives that arise
- Partner with the Finance and Affiliate teams to collect accurate information, and ensure the accurate transfer of data into financial and planning systems
- Provide business performance insights
- Advise on financial plans and operating strategies
- Partner on decision support for strategic opportunity identification
- Build world-class financial and operating processes
- Plan for productivity and pursue effectiveness and efficiency
- Responsible to multiple stakeholders with conflicting priorities and projects
- Finance/ Accounting degree or CIMA/ CPA (or equivalent) or MBA
- 10+ years of experience in IFRS/ US GAAP
- 3+ years of affiliate finance experience
- Team management experience of 5+ people for 2+ years
- Senior stakeholder management experience
- 10+ years of large scale ERP experience
- Advanced business English language knowledge
- Analytical thinking and attention to detail
- Great communicator and strong interpersonal skills
- Self-starter and pro-active
- Well organized
- Customer service mindset
- Strong people manager
- Coaching and mentoring
We believe you will enjoy working with us because:
- We are enthusiastic about our job.
- You can work in a multicultural environment with a great team.
- You can be part of an exciting sector.
- You will get space to work independently, still with the support of senior leaders.
- Unique and friendly atmosphere.
- Team building events.
And some extras:
- Award-winning office,
- Open, inclusive community,
- Massage chair,
- Fruit days,
- Viacom Pub and other regular events (Spark, Spark Life, Viacommunity Day, etc.),
- Opportunity to participate on sneak previews,
- Opportunity to visit taping of locally produced tv-shows.
Please, provide us with your CV in English with the followings: name and surname, your phone number and e-mail address you wish us to use during the recruitment process, education, professional qualifications, professional experience (i.e. employment history).
„ By applying for this role I hereby state that I read and understood Viacom’s recruitment related privacy notice („Notice”, https://www.viacom.com/recruitment-privacy-notice-eea-switzerland ) and that I accept the Notice’s conditions. I hereby give my consent for Viacom to process my above indicated personal data (name, telephone number, e-mail address, etc.) and the additional personal data that may be included in my CV and cover or motivation letter in the course of the recruitment related procedure for the purposes set forth in the Notice (primarily the evaluation of the applications submitted for the respective job advertisements).”