Senior Analyst - FP&A - Programming Finance
- Bocskai út 134-146. Dorottya udvar (building "B"), Budapest, Hungary
ViacomCBS is home to the leading portfolio of global, multi-platform entertainment brands, including Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, MTV and Paramount Channel among others. Additionally, we provide brand and content licensing, sales, digital, mobile and streaming distribution rights and other services and solutions for our partners across 17 countries.
In our offices located in Berlin, Budapest, Warsaw and Prague, we all share the passion for bringing the best of multimedia entertainment in all its forms, on multiple platforms, to kids, youth and families, for diverse tastes, with local flavors. Through television, film, digital content, live events, merchandise, studio production and more, we connect with billions of people in nearly every country in the world.
The Senior Finance Analyst is a vital role to the success of the newly formed Content & Marketing FP&A finance group. This position will partner with Financial and Business colleagues to evaluate, budget and actively own the financial discipline for programming and marketing teams. Key components of the role include helping to build the long range financial plan, evaluating changes to budget, actively managing actual costs and reporting on variance analysis for both business and financial leaders. Our new colleague will provide senior management with financial reporting and analysis to be used for strategic and tactical decision-making, long range financial plans, annual operating plan and forecast cycles. The senior analyst will work with stakeholders across the business to develop, interpret and implement financial and strategic planning, budgeting, and forecasting to drive business results.
- Single touch point for the Programming and Marketing teams
- You own the financial planning cycle and execute Budget, Long Range Plan, Estimates, collaborating with business partners and Finance colleages
- Partner with Programming and Marketing teams to collect accurate information, and ensure the accurate transfer of data into financial and planning systems
- Partner with the business teams to prepare monthly outlooks compared to the latest estimate and Prior year. Communicate outlook results with detailed explanations to Finance Directors
- Manage the monthly and quarterly closes within the framework of the Company’s close and post-close process.
- Compare actuals data to budget and approved metrics and report variances and cause of change to business partners and leader
- Identify and monitor metrics that measure performance against priorities
- Prepare and consolidate various ad hoc analysis, reports and information requests
- Responsible to multiple stakeholders with conflicting priorities and projects
- Must manage and develop processes and policies to support regional locations and remote financial operations. Continue to build consistency and efficiencies in order to continue to establish best practices between the teams and across the Programming COE
- Ask probing and insightful questions and follow issues/projects through to final resolution/completion
- An element of overtime may be required, particularly around monthly and quarterly forecasts, and annual budget submissions
- BA/ MA in accounting/ finance
- 3+ years FP&A related experience with strong work ethic
- Solid analytical, technical, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Problem solver with ability to manage details
- Proven ability to set and meet realistic deadlines and achieve successful results
- Excellent oral, written communication skills, and financial presentation skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritize and adhere to strict deadlines
- Self-motivated individual, detail-oriented with ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Strong Microsoft package skills a must (particularly Excel and PowerPoint)
- SAP and Longview experience a plus
- Experience with full life cycle of budget/ long-term planning process; preparing senior management presentations
- Fluency in written & spoken English
We believe you will enjoy working with us because:
- We are enthusiastic about our job.
- You can work in a multicultural environment with a great team.
- You can be part of an exciting sector.
- You will get space to work independently, still with the support of senior leaders.
- Unique and friendly atmosphere.
- Team building events.
And some extras:
- Award-winning office,
- Open, inclusive community,
- Massage chair,
- Fruit days,
- Viacom Pub and other regular events (Spark, Spark Life, Viacommunity Day, etc.),
- Opportunity to participate on sneak previews,
- Opportunity to visit taping of locally produced tv-shows.
Please, provide us with your CV in English with the followings: name and surname, your phone number and e-mail address you wish us to use during the recruitment process, education, professional qualifications, professional experience (i.e. employment history).
„ By applying for this role I hereby state that I read and understood Viacom’s recruitment related privacy notice („Notice”, https://www.viacom.com/recruitment-privacy-notice-eea-switzerland ) and that I accept the Notice’s conditions. I hereby give my consent for Viacom to process my above indicated personal data (name, telephone number, e-mail address, etc.) and the additional personal data that may be included in my CV and cover or motivation letter in the course of the recruitment related procedure for the purposes set forth in the Notice (primarily the evaluation of the applications submitted for the respective job advertisements).”