Controller - Centralized Statutory (maternity cover, 2 years fixed-term with possible extension)
- Bocskai út 134-146. Dorottya udvar (building "B"), Budapest, Hungary
ViacomCBS is home to the leading portfolio of global, multi-platform entertainment brands, including Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, MTV and Paramount Channel among others. Additionally, we provide brand and content licensing, sales, digital, mobile and streaming distribution rights and other services and solutions for our partners across 17 countries.
In our offices located in Berlin, Budapest, Warsaw and Prague, we all share the passion for bringing the best of multimedia entertainment in all its forms, on multiple platforms, to kids, youth and families, for diverse tastes, with local flavors. Through television, film, digital content, live events, merchandise, studio production and more, we connect with billions of people in nearly every country in the world.
- Involved in the preparation and production of the statutory accounts for ViacomCBS international companies in various countries.
- Manage and control the reviews of statutory accounts per legal entity.
- In close contact with all international ViacomCBS offices & the outsourcing partner to monitor, review and advise on the preparation of statutory accounts.
- Coordinating the preparation of statutory audit files within GBS with the help of direct reports.
- Liaise with external auditors and tax advisor to ensure timely audit sign off of statutory accounts and be responsible for timely tax filings.
- Assist with ad hoc requirements from Viacom Corporate and/or Budapest management.
- Assist with ad hoc Viacom and internal management requests, tax inquiries.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/ Finance
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in a broad range of general/ statutory accounting functions
- Experience in preparation of statutory financial statements
- Fluency in written & spoken English is a must, any other European language knowledge is a plus
- Excellent communication (oral, written & listening) and analytical skill with attention to detail
- Fosters teamwork by promoting and maintaining an atmosphere of open communication
- Experience with SAP, HFM and Longview is a strong plus
- ACCA, CPA (or equivalent) is an advantage
- Client focus
- Efficient communication skills
- Proactive approach
- Analytical mindset and ability to prioritize
- Cooperative attitude
You can expect 2 interview rounds.
We believe you will enjoy working with us because:
- We are enthusiastic about our job.
- You can work in a multicultural environment with a great team.
- You can be part of an exciting sector.
- You will get space to work independently, still with the support of senior leaders.
- Unique and friendly atmosphere.
- Team building events.
And some extras:
- Award-winning office,
- Open, inclusive community,
- Massage chair,
- Fruit days,
- Viacom Pub and other regular events (Spark, Spark Life, Viacommunity Day, etc.),
- Opportunity to participate on sneak previews,
- Opportunity to visit taping of locally produced tv-shows.
Please, provide us with your CV in English with the followings: name and surname, your phone number and e-mail address you wish us to use during the recruitment process, education, professional qualifications, professional experience (i.e. employment history).
„ By applying for this role I hereby state that I read and understood Viacom’s recruitment related privacy notice („Notice”, https://www.viacom.com/recruitment-privacy-notice-eea-switzerland ) and that I accept the Notice’s conditions. I hereby give my consent for Viacom to process my above indicated personal data (name, telephone number, e-mail address, etc.) and the additional personal data that may be included in my CV and cover or motivation letter in the course of the recruitment related procedure for the purposes set forth in the Notice (primarily the evaluation of the applications submitted for the respective job advertisements).”