Senior Expert - International Reporting
- Bocskai út 134-146. Dorottya udvar, Budapest, Hungary
ViacomCBS is home to the leading portfolio of global, multi-platform entertainment brands, including Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, MTV and Paramount Channel among others. Additionally, we provide brand and content licensing, sales, digital, mobile and streaming distribution rights and other services and solutions for our partners across 17 countries.
In our offices located in Berlin, Budapest, Warsaw and Prague, we all share the passion for bringing the best of multimedia entertainment in all its forms, on multiple platforms, to kids, youth and families, for diverse tastes, with local flavors. Through television, film, digital content, live events, merchandise, studio production and more, we connect with billions of people in nearly every country in the world.
This role is responsible for the oversight of reporting activities for ViacomCBS Networks International (“VCNI”).
- Act as a point of contact to the Cluster Controllers, Local Finance and RTR teams within the regions assigned to the role for any reporting related matters
- First line of consolidation and review of reporting deliverables
- Consolidates, review and submit reporting deliverables (Balance Sheet, P&L analysis and commentaries, Risks & Opportunities and any related reporting)
- Prepares country based financial management pack for CFO & FDs
- AR reporting items follow up – involvement in monthly Bad Debt call
- Partner with GBS on judgmental accounting issues and approval of certain journal entries
- Participates in the preparation of quarterly clearance cluster presentation
- Monitor and report account reconciliations’ status and quality
- Review the statutory reporting process of the assigned regions (overall status updates and highlight significant issues) and validation of stat to GAAP reconciliation
- Assist local controllers in the preparation of their financial statements
- Lead financial statement preparation for smaller entities (corporate/dormant entities)
- Provide technical support for the local controllers in OneSource (statutory reporting tool)
- Ensure that all relevant key controls are in place and functioning properly in accordance with internal policies and procedures and Sarbanes Oxley rules and regulations
- Assist with ad hoc Viacom and internal management requests
- 6+ years relevant post qualification work experience in a broad range of accounting functions
- Strong working knowledge of general accounting principles, concepts and processes
- Team player with the ability to work with and communicate with people at different levels within the organization
- Demonstrate the ability to perform effective work load prioritization and management
- Demonstrate the ability to be a self-starter and take initiative and follow through
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to be thorough with attention to detail
- Business English (B2/ C1 or above)
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, Outlook, Internet Explorer, MS Project, MS SharePoint)
- Prior Big Four experience a plus
- CPA, ACCA (or equivalent) a plus
- Experience in HFM, Longview and SAP a strong plus
- Strong time and task manager
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrate ownership for both his/her own tasks as well as for delegated tasks
- Demonstrate innovative attitude and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated high level of sensitivity to risk management and process controls
We believe you will enjoy working with us because:
- We are enthusiastic about our job.
- You can work in a multicultural environment with a great team.
- You can be part of an exciting sector.
- You will get space to work independently, still with the support of senior leaders.
- Unique and friendly atmosphere.
- Team building events.
And some extras:
- Award-winning office,
- Open, inclusive community,
- Massage chair,
- Fruit days,
- Viacom Pub and other regular events (Spark, Spark Life, Viacommunity Day, etc.),
- Opportunity to participate on sneak previews,
- Opportunity to visit taping of locally produced tv-shows.
Please, provide us with your CV in English with the followings: name and surname, your phone number and e-mail address you wish us to use during the recruitment process, education, professional qualifications, professional experience (i.e. employment history).
„ By applying for this role I hereby state that I read and understood Viacom’s recruitment related privacy notice („Notice”, https://www.viacom.com/recruitment-privacy-notice-eea-switzerland ) and that I accept the Notice’s conditions. I hereby give my consent for Viacom to process my above indicated personal data (name, telephone number, e-mail address, etc.) and the additional personal data that may be included in my CV and cover or motivation letter in the course of the recruitment related procedure for the purposes set forth in the Notice (primarily the evaluation of the applications submitted for the respective job advertisements).”