CREATIVE DIRECTOR - CEE
- Budapest, Bocskai út, Hungary
Viacom is home to the leading portfolio of global, multi-platform entertainment brands.
Through television, film, digital content, live events, merchandise, studio production and more, we connect with billions of people in nearly every country in the world.
Reporting to the VP Creative, you will develop and implement the creative on-air strategy in line with the overall business and brand objectives and off-air across marketing and multi-platforms.
You’ll be responsible for motivating the creative team to create best in class work, providing strong leadership with clear strategic thinking in taking the business to another level creatively.
A member of the Senior Management team, the Creative Director will work on a diverse set of projects across VIMN CEE region and product portfolio. Creative development and creative supervisory role over all of VIMN portfolio brands and products. Managing VIMN Creative teams in Warsaw and Budapest offices.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Working with the VP, V Creative, help develop a clear creative vision and strategy for all areas within the CEE creative department.
- Execute the creative strategy across the business, so every employee understands the various brands tone of voice
- Build and lead a team of creative producers, designers, production managers and creative co-ordinators to create communication that drives ratings, revenue and a love for all the brands
- Communicate, lead and apply strategic skills ensuring that strong relationships are built across all departments internally and all suppliers externally
- Constantly be looking to raise the creative standards to further strengthen the brands in line with the channels brand promises and values
- Supervise the creative aspects of writing, directing, producing and design of on-air projects both internally and with third parties. Ensuring that a proper process from idea generation to brief to final delivery is utilised and implemented at every stage of the project and all relevant parties are involved
- Working with the Marketing team to deliver effective creative work for all 360 projects
- Ensure maximum brand leverage of all creative assets across all available platforms, guaranteeing synergy between all joint on-air and off-air executions
- To manage any change or necessary repositioning of the core brand
- Stay closely informed on trends, scenes and developments within the Creative field that are relevant to brands and viewers in the region, monitoring competitors and their performance
- Key liaison with the Brand Leads across the CEE region and the UK Cluster Creative Leads and Teams
- Lead creative meetings among the team and set the overall creative direction for the assets to be developed for CEE channels
- Overall responsibility for the level of quality, creativity and timely delivery of the creative assets developed by the Creative team
- Ensure the smooth execution of all creative activities relating to the production of promos and other creative assets and making sure that deadlines are met
- Experience of leading Creative team at a senior level within a broadcast On-Air environment
- Proven experience of developing and executing creative concepts & techniques that are innovative and pioneering
- Demonstrate clear strategic, creative thinking within a broadcast environment
- Proven track record of leading and inspiring a highly creative team in delivering communication excellence
- Big picture vision and understanding of overall business objectives and how they fit into the creative department
- Flexibility to the changing needs of the department and the business
- Love and passion for TV and the details of on-air promotion and all the communication messages that fall within the department
- Ability to understand and apply research
- Well rounded knowledge of TV production and problem solving
- Change management experience
- Ability to act as a brand and business champion
- Ability to deliver to tight timelines and budgets
- Demonstrated knowledge of all CEE brands preferred
Our values, and their related behaviours, guide how we show up to work each day and help ensure that we all treat each other with respect. We want these to feel relevant to all of our employees and all parts of the business, as we believe that when these behaviours are achieved, we are the best we can be. The three values are intertwined and work together to drive the business outcomes we seek, and once combined we believe these will power our company forward.
- Creativity: Push beyond the expected
- Passion: Stand up for what you believe in
- Risk-Taking: Take smart choices
- Inclusion: Embrace diverse perspectives
- Collaboration: Work together as one team
- Innovation: Use insights to drive the business
- Trust: Assume best intentions
- Transparency: Communicate clearly and openly
- Accountability: Deliver, and own the outcome
At Viacom, we value and celebrate difference. We want to make sure Diversity and Inclusion are not just buzz words; we truly want to foster an authentic inclusive environment, where all employees feel that they can bring their whole selves to work.
Our recruitment Privacy Notice for Viacom entities in the EEA and Switzerland is available here: https://www.viacom.com/recruitment-privacy-notice-eea-switzerland .