Viacom Internship Program (Accounting/ Finance/ Accounts Payable)
- Bocskai út 134-146. Dorottya udvar, Budapest, Hungary
Viacom is home to the leading portfolio of global, multi-platform entertainment brands. Through television, film, digital content, live events, merchandise, studio production and more, we connect with billions of people in nearly every country in the world.
Active, full time training student status in a Hungarian university/ college is a must.
Please answer the following questions to apply!
- Which intern position(s) are you interested in?
- Please state the desired salary (Gross/ Hour, HUF) for the job you applied for!
- How quick would you be able to start after an accepted offer?
- What motivates you to apply this job?
- How much time on a weekly basis would you prefer to work as an intern?
Let's see what we have for you!
- STATUTORY INTERN
- PROGRAMMING INTERN
- GENERAL LEDGER (GL) INTERN
- INTERCOMPANY INTERN
- CASH OPERATIONS INTERN
- FINANCIAL PLANNING & ANALYSIS INTERN
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE INTERNSHIP:
- ACCOUNTS PAYABLE INTERN
- Ongoing Economics/ Finance/ Accounting BSC/ MSC studies (preferably at least 2 semester of Accounting course)
- Confident business English language skills both oral and written
- confidence in using MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
- Problem solving and issue resolution mindset
- positive, can-do attitude
- demonstrate ownership for own tasks
- good communication skills with willingness to present in workgroup
1. STATUTORY INTERN
- Assist with the preparation and production of the statutory accounts for Viacom international companies in various countries
- Assist with the control reviews of statutory accounts per legal entity
- Assist with the preparation of statutory audit files within GBS
- Prepare annual statutory reconciliations as needed
- Support and assist the Viacom Corporate Statutory Team with the statutory outsourcing project
- Work with external auditors during quarterly and annual reviews/audits by preparing information requests and addressing inquiries
2. PROGRAMMING INTERN
- Process requests for creating project and asset master data, set budget on the projects
- Maintain programming payment schedules based on contract review
- Raise purchase orders and perform goods receipting for contractual obligations arising from license agreements
- Generate and analyze open purchase order reports, close fully invoiced PO lines and POs
- Prepare and park journal entries
- Query reports from SAP and LVDETINT and assist other team members in preparing reports, reconciliations based on these related to Programming, Fixed Assets and Lease
3. GENERAL LEDGER (GL) INTERN
- Prepare monthly journal entries including cost and revenue accruals, prepayments
- Prepare monthly BS account reconciliations
- Collaborate with Finance and Operational teams around the world
- Provide accounting support to the Treasury, Procure-to-Pay and Order-to-Cash departments
- Participate in process efficiency improvement and automation projects
4. INTERCOMPANY INTERN
- Calculate, invoice and monitor settlements of the monthly charges
- Update Invoice repository (invoice upload into web-based system)
- Support in Intercompany related projects and activities
- Provide input about simplification, standardization and automation of existing reports and processes
- Assist with month-end financial reports and post journal entries
5. CASH OPERATIONS INTERN
- Prepare month-end reconciliations for Viacom bank accounts
- Perform daily bank reconciliation for Viacom bank accounts to the general ledger in the given region, monitor the aging of all outstanding items, and assist with follow up and reclassification of items
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation for Paramount bank accounts to the general ledger in the given range using Chesapeake as a reconciliation tool;
- Research discrepancies, and prepare/review adjusting transactions if it is necessary to make corrections to the appropriate accounting records
- Prepare CTA/ FX/ bank reconciliations
- Operational help in Cash Flow reporting
- Take part in the monthly/ quarterly/ year-end closing process
1. FINANCIAL PLANNING & ANALYSIS INTERN
- Assist the Manager with the preparation of the monthly Controlling and FPA deliverables
- Maintain the master planning model for Content Distribution Business
- Ensure all revenue is billed and accounted for correctly.
- Analyze revenue trends and provide commentaries to the FPA Manager
- Support management in the appraisal of new commercial initiatives that arise.
- Provide and respond to various ad hoc analysis, reports and information requests.
- Responsible to multiple stakeholders with conflicting priorities and projects.
- An element of overtime may be required, particularly around monthly and quarterly forecasts, and annual budget submissions.
- Experience in FP&A, Management Reporting, Controlling or Revenue Management is a plus
- Solid understanding of Excel, PPT, Word, Visio/SAP/Longview is a plus
- Strong fluency with Excel formulas and functions
- Strong analytical and data gathering skills
- Ability to streamline functions and passion to learn and grow
- Fluency in English
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE INTERNSHIP:
1. ACCOUNTS PAYABLE INTERN
- Support the team by answering vendor queries in email and on the phone
- Train employees/ suppliers on our processes and on our systems.
- Support Monthly reporting towards upper management.
- Take part in ad-hoc projects and reports
- Fluent in English
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- SAP knowledge is a plus
- Structured thinking & detail-orientation
- Individual problem solving and issue resolution mindset
We believe you will enjoy working with us because:
- You can be part of an exciting sector,
- We are dedicated and enthusiastic about our job.
And some extras we offer:
- Award-winning office,
- Open, inclusive community,
- Massage chair,
- Fruit days,
- Viacom Pub and other regular events (Spark, Spark Life, Viacommunity Day, etc.),
- Opportunity to visit taping of locally produced tv-shows.
„ By applying for this role I hereby state that I read and understood Viacom’s recruitment related privacy notice („Notice”, https://www.viacom.com/recruitment-privacy-notice-eea-switzerland ) and that I accept the Notice’s conditions. I hereby give my consent for Viacom to process my above indicated personal data (name, telephone number, e-mail address, etc.) and the additional personal data that may be included in my CV and cover or motivation letter in the course of the recruitment related procedure for the purposes set forth in the Notice (primarily the evaluation of the applications submitted for the respective job advertisements).”