OTC Analyst, Billing & Collections (1 year contract with potential extension)
- Bocskai út 134-146. Dorottya udvar “A” building, Budapest, Hungary
Why Viacom International Media Networks? Sure, you will have challenging tasks, responsibilities and freedom for your ideas, just like in other companies – but the difference is in the details. At Viacom International Media Networks you are not only bringing in your personal Know How, but also your individual passion. Since we all share a love for great stories, we have gathered the best storytellers and committed ourselves to bringing the best possible stories to our audience all across the world. In the pursuit of telling all the new stories as well as the loved classics, we have grown to become the largest media network in the world. Become a part of us and work for our famous brands like MTV, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, Vh1, RTL SPIKE and Paramount. You will have the opportunity to discover your true talent in an innovative and passionate work environment that fits your lifestyle and fandom.
As a member of the Order to Cash team:
OTC Analyst is responsible for collecting the maximum amount of overdue funds from our customers and also responsible for all A/R Invoicing and Billing functions for a specific region. While performing this activity the analyst will be challenged to use multiple collection methods / techniques in order to maximize the cash flow and minimizing the aged debt. The OTC Analyst is a key player in the organization and is also responsible for supporting our finance teams in other account receivables functions.
This role is based in the Global Business Service center in Budapest, Hungary.
- Managing the collection of outstanding debts for the covered regions
- Supporting the Billing / AR billing activities for a particular region (Cluster)
- Processing all manual and automatic invoice requests (inter-company and ancillary), ensuring these have been approved operationally and by Finance in line with DoA before entry
- Maintain invoice reconciliations for revenue billings (including reconciliation of viewing cards to billings to ensure all active cards are being billed)
- Contacting customers for the prompt collection or resolution of the aged receivables using email, telephone calls, dunning
- Performing follow-up’s on accounts with significant aging or past due amounts
- Managing & Solving customer disputes (ensuring proper communication with markets & stakeholders)
- Meeting individual cash collection targets (Aging, DSO, % of Overdue, etc..)
- Preparing weekly and monthly reporting to the direct manager
- Providing the management team with periodic cash forecast projections
- Supporting the Cash Application team in the account reconciliation process (addressing cash application issues and following-up with customers on missing documentation & remittances)
- Providing detailed backup explanation of AR balances to both internal & external auditors
- Work closely with sales and finance directors to resolve billing/contract discrepancies
- Supporting the legal department on bankruptcy cases
- Providing immediate escalation of any concerns such as changes in the customers payment trends (behaviour)
- Driving continuous process improvement
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business or related field preferred, but not required
- 2-3 years Billing/Collections/AR/Finance experience with general knowledge of accounting principles
- Fluent English language knowledge is a must (both spoken and written)
- French / Italian / Russian / Spanish / German knowledge as a plus is highly welcomed
- Experience in a multi-location company
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel & Word, excel skills will be tested during the recruitment process
- Ability to multitask and prioritize workload
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced business environment
- Strong communication skills - oral, written, interpersonal with analytical and problem-solving skills
- Desire and willingness to learn new skills
- Experience in SAP is preferred for faster integration
- Experience in the Media and Entertainment industry understanding is a plus.
An element of overtime may be required, particularly around monthly closing activities.
- Challenging job in a multicultural environment
- Unique and friendly atmosphere
- Team building events, monthly Viacom Pubs and charity activities
- Competitive salary tailored to your skills and experience
We kindly ask you to let us know your possible start date and desired salary level. We're looking forward to your application.
We kindly inform you that we will contact only selected candidates.
„ By applying for this role I hereby state that I read and understood Viacom’s recruitment related privacy notice („Notice”, https://www.viacom.com/recruitment-privacy-notice-eea-switzerland ) and that I accept the Notice’s conditions. I hereby give my consent for Viacom to process my above indicated personal data (name, telephone number, e-mail address, etc.) and the additional personal data that may be included in my CV and cover or motivation letter in the course of the recruitment related procedure for the purposes set forth in the Notice (primarily the evaluation of the applications submitted for the respective job advertisements).”